Home Buying in West Caldwell>Question Details

Diane, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Why have so many houses sold/for sale on Richard Ave, West Caldwell?

Asked by Diane, New Jersey Tue Apr 22, 2008

We are currently house hunting and have been looking at West Caldwell b/c of the school district. I noticed that there have been so many houses sold along Richard Avenue and was wondering why. It just seems very strange for so many on the same road to be put up for sale within the last year.

Thank you so much for any advice/answers! This is such a huge decisions and there are so so many factors to take into account.

:)

Answers

5
Diane’s answer
Thank you both!

After lots of research that basically matched your answers, we bought a house on this street. :) Now I'm just hoping for a smooth and quick close! LOL

Thanks again!
Look at it this way - as a general rule, if a lot of houses are selling, that means the demand for the location is HIGH! Not a bad thing generally...I worry when there's only a few homes on a street and there is little activity or sales....
Good luck with your home! Tom Hinz thinz@apexgroupus.com http://www.shortsaletosell.com
Diane, Hi Again! I also forgot to mention in my previous response that in addition to the 2 homes for sale on Richard listed with realtors there is also a for sale by owner - thus making it 3 homes for sale - again, not uncommon.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-228-1000 ext 132
973-715-1158 (cell)
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com
I live in West Caldwell and like Gina, am also familier with the area. There are currently only two active listings on Richard which is certainly not unsual. It is a nice quiet area with a mix of home styles to suit a wide variety of housing needs. The same could be said for Caldwell/West Caldwell, overall. We have a wide variety of home styles ranging from early 1900 colonials to mid century capes and ranches to more modern day splits and colonials. We have something for everyone and the schools are very good. Feel free to contact me if you need more information or would like some assistance in your home search.
Hi Diane.

I am very familiar with that area of West Caldwell. Not only as a realtor but also my sister lives around the corner from Richard on Francine Avenue. On a block with 41 houses, there are only 2 houses currently for sale - that's not that uncommon. Two houses were sold and three withdrawn from the market in the past 1 1/2 years. There are starter homes also on Richard which tend to be bought by first time home buyers and eventually their family size and their needs increase - they sell and move on to a bigger house.

It's a very nice, quiet area in West Caldwell. I'm not sure if you have children but there's a great park there too. I'd be happy to help you with your home buying search and/or any questions you may have regarding West Caldwell and/or the surrounding areas. Good luck and feel free to contact me directly.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-228-1000 ext 132
973-715-1158 (cell)
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com