Stephan1152, Home Seller in Southampton, NY

Why has 340 N. Magee been on the market for over a year and not sold?

Asked by Stephan1152, Southampton, NY Thu Dec 12, 2013

Answers

7
To all parties who asked me this question… This home has not been my exclusive listing for 0ver 18 months. Priced too high for the area. Lovely home without the necessary amenities to attract the right buyer at the right price.
I believed I answered this before- However here goes again. The over all feeling of the property was it needed attention. The buyers weren't interested in taking on projects. The sellers made very little effort to tend to things that just need attention. A small leak here a number of shingles missing here or there.
No touch up painting was done. The yard was full of things that should have gone to the dump long ago. The property was sold a auction for very close the the asking price. They had turned down this number earlier. There was no shortage of advertising to market this property.
Dollar for Dollar this is a great offering for a house this size in Southampton and so close to the village. The listing broker would be able to tell you or work with a buyers rep to get real answers.
It sold at auction at just about the asking price. People viewed it as something that needed a lot of work.

Little effort was made to correct obvious flaws. Offers were turned down.
The owner can answer with accuracy...could be overpriced, could be the marketing plan, could be the owner is in no rush to sell, etc.
You would be able to get a more accurate answer from the exclusive agent.
There are only two reasons a property does not sell.
Price and or exposure.