Home Buying in Scotts Valley>Question Details

Vness, Other/Just Looking in Scotts Valley, CA

Why dont the manufactured home listing put the Space fee on the property description as well as note if the property is Senior only? It would help

Asked by Vness, Scotts Valley, CA Thu Nov 5, 2009

when reviewing listings or maybe encourage looking at a condo after totaling the space fee for a years time.

Answers

3
To many realtors do not put down much of the info that we want. I can not say how many listings that do not mention age of buildings, lot size, or much else besides the price.

I have also seen a lot of misinformation in listings. It could be something like a $160k house in a subdivision that had over 9 million acres with it. A lot size listed at 60 acres when it was 60 feet instead. There have been cases where houses have been listed as having a slab when they had a complete cement foundation and cellar. I could go on and on and...

My theory is that the realtors who put that information in wrong ( or leave things blank) either have no idea what they are talking about OR are so incompetant they can not be bothered to input the very info that will bring them buyers. As buyers it makes us very frustrated and takes a lot of time to get past the problems. Plus it wastes the times of buyers and their agents looking at, or calling about (or both) the wrong types of properties. I know I have not looked at some properties I might have liked because they did not show me the criteria that I demand to buy a place.

I do know some realtors think if they leave certain things blank it will make potential buyers call for more details. But it backfires with many buyers just stopping the process on that place.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 5, 2009
It is the listing agents responsibility to put in the space rent and if it's a senior park or not. It could be where you are searching for homes does not list all the information. If you go here https://pro.mlslistings.com, this is the actual site agents enter their listings on. If you are searching in Scotts Valley and are viewing homes in the park on Bean Creek, you will not see a space rent because you own the land there but it should show an association fee. You may also go to my website and set up a search. The information comes directly from the MLS so it's accurate and you will receive automatic listings and price reductions that match your criteria, it saves a lot of time in searching. http://www.lonnaberry.com
Feel free to contact me any time.
Lonna
4788 Scotts Valley Dr
831-234-2911
lonnaberry@me.com
most of them should have the space fee if looking at the mlslistings site. They are not always clear on senior parks though and I wish they would put the lot or space size down. Let me know if I can send you an accurate list of the types of homes you are looking for. In addition to having a real estate brokers license I have a manufactured home dealers license.

Glen