Home Buying in Ocala>Question Details

Yamilpaez18, Home Buyer in Ocala, FL

Why don't you people remove the house that have already a contract!!!!?

Asked by Yamilpaez18, Ocala, FL Wed Sep 5, 2012

Answers

7
-
Because the sales contract will more likely than not, fall apart for a million reasons these days!

Many buyers put the cart in front of the horse, They'll pull an Online Worthless credit score over 700, tell a trusting realtor they've been pre-approved, then after 6 weeks and 30 properties will finally sign a contract and then decide to actually put forth the effort to find a loan for their situation.

But soon after will find it's no longer 2005, their over 700 score is actually a 647 Mortgage Credit Score and they actually need a job to get a loan!

Sounds like I'm joking? I'm sure all the realtors on this site could tell you stories that would blow your mind about what all we've all seen over these past few years!

If I was that seller, I'd want my property to stay on the MLS until 2 days after the property actually closed and I'd be taking Back-Up offers the whole time too!

-
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
I believe this question is directed to Trulia to answer!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
We understand your frustration. We don't like telling people that a house is already under contract, just as much as you don't like to hear it from us.
REALTORS have limited control over a lot of the sites you may be searching for listings on. I would highly recommend you find a Realtor to use, then you can use a link they provide you from their web site. REALTORS have access up to date info you can search through that are more or less directly attached to the system we use. This would give you the most reliable information.
You could also set it up with your REALTOR to set you up on a email list, sent to you every night with homes that match your home searching wants & needs.
If it helps, you can try this..... http://www.KieferRealtyPA.com ... on the left side of the page click on the link to the MLS area you wish to search.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
What should happen is that the MLS's should require the public description be updated to state there is a contract pending and back up contracts will be accepted. I’m on the Ocala MLS committee and will bring this up. I feel there are Realtors and buyers who don't want to waste time with properties that have contracts on them regardless of the outcome.
Hi Yami

Sorry to hear you are having a problem.

The Listing is tied to a MLS number, when it is still Pending it can be shown
and if an offer falls through a new offer can be accepted.

Lets say the offer Is " Pending Release Clause" which means a buyer who had an accepted offer
has home to sell. In California, a Buyer can make an offer and win the bid.

When the home sells, and sold it is a different issue.

Goodluck
Perry
Houses are not "sold" until everyone signs off at the closing table. When a house gets a contract you will see a P for pending next to the MLS number. Some other web sites may not put the P next to the MLS number. When closed at the closing table you will see a C for closed or sold and again some real estate sites may not do this.
The ad is up to the listing agent to remove, not Trulia. And truthfully if it hasn't closed yet I wouldn't expect the ad to be removed.