Snow_49, Home Buyer in Fort Myers, FL

Why don't realtors quote homeowner's fees in their add and if they are monthly, quartly, etc. Also, what is included in th ese fees. Thank.

Asked by Snow_49, Fort Myers, FL Tue Jan 31, 2012

Answers

10
We list the HOA fees in the MLS but they don’t show up on all or at least most of the client reports and consumer websites. I’m pretty sure it’s so buyers contact a Realtor for the information. That’s the only logical reason I can imagine, for withholding the information. Fact of the matter is, the people that direct the Realtor Associations and 3rd party websites are the ones dictating the policies and usually those policies are geared towards keeping Realtor associations in business. One of the ways they do this is by making “Realtor friendly” policies rather than “customer friendly” policies. I guess the thinking is, if we give you all the information you need, why would you need us?

More importantly, I offer the best way to buy and sell real estate and it involves saving buyers and sellers money through flat fee MLS listings and buyer rebates.

Feel free to give me a call and/or visit my website at http://www.listinmls.com

Mark Hetrick
Broker - List In MLS Realty, LLC
239 936 5478
I do. Please see any/all of my listings.
Great question Snow 49. Please make a request with Trulia or the site you like to use to make this information available to you (the buyer). We (the Realtors) do include that information in our listing with MLS and not all host sites include all of our information. It is actually is included in our contracts that the buyer receive this information prior to signing and the listing agent is responsible for providing the buyer/buyer's agent with HOA information.
I have a website which will allow you to have access to all the listings on our FL Gulf Coast MLS along with this type of information. See link below.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2011" by Gulf Shore Life Magazine
239-464-8620
sarahgarrett@argfl.com

Web Access:
Many times the HOA fees ARE included within the local listing the agent creates for their client. National web sites like Trulia as well as others typically "pull" or "syndicate" their listing information from the many many local Multiple Listing Services your local Realtor uses to find the properties for sale in the market you are looking at. Many times the syndication does not pull ALL of the information that is there; and many times the condo or HOA fees get lost.
I hope that helps. Your local Realtor will be happy to assist you with all of the information you need to make an informed decision.

David Lang
239-677-8780
HOA fees vary by assc as does what is included in the fees. As the others have told you, hire a Realtor® to assist you with your home search and to obtain all the information you need to make a decision.

Terry McCarley, Jones & Co Realty
If you would use a Realtor to help you with your purchase then you will be given all information. Choose a Realtor to help you.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
Good Morning Snow_49,
When listing a property, a Realtor may not have the HOA fees readily available at the time of listing because they may be waiting for a reply from the association as to what the fees are and what they include. Their priority to the seller is get the property on the market. However when this information becomes available, a good Realtor will make sure that this information is available to potential buyers. Also, some HOA fees may not be set in stone and may change, therefore the Realtor does not want to be held liable for an amount listed when in fact it may change and not be completely accurate. HOA fees vary depending upon the community and what is included within the price. Some communities also have special assessments that may be added onto the HOA fee, so it is best if you are a proactive buyer and work with your Realtor to make sure you have all of the information you need to make a sound purchase and your Realtor stays in touch with the particular association for the community you are considering.
I hope this helps answer your question and if I can be of further service, please don't hesitate to contact me!
Jeanine Standing Bear, AHWD
Sandals Realty of Fort Myers, Inc.
1567 Hayley Lane, Suite 205
Fort Myers, FL 33907
#239-340-5600
they are listed on the MLS. Unfortunately, that info isn't always on the other websites like trulia. Each associations fees include different items. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about Pelican Preserve. It is a beautiful community with fabulous amenities.
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
560-4159
Realtors are REQUIRED to enter any all and all fees that are mandatory within a community (Master Association, Neighborhood Association, Amenity fee, etc.) at the time that the listing is is being entered into the MLS database. Most public web-based data searches don't "extract" that info and make it a part of the listing that appears online. That doesn't mean the Realtor's not "quoting it", it just means that you will need to connect with either the listing agent (or the agent you may be working with) and ask them to email you a "Customer Financial Report" on the listing that you have interest in. As long as the info has been entered correctly into the MLS database by the listing agent, you will receive the information you are looking for.
You are using the wrong website! Here is a resource detailing the available listings in the Pelican Preserve community which includes condo fees and frequencies: http://www.greaterftmyers.com/pelican-preserve.php

Good luck with your search!