Home Buying in Toms River>Question Details

Freemen, Home Buyer in Toms River, NJ

Why don't realtors answer legitimate questions about a home? I have emailed on dozens of homes and have received about 20% responses.

Asked by Freemen, Toms River, NJ Mon Feb 27, 2012

Answers

18
folks this question was asked in February 2012. I am sure he's gotten answers or hopefully found a realtor by now
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 10, 2013
Freemen,

Unfortunately, we as an industry suck at communicating online. You have found the professionals here on Trulia. There is an old saying; 80% of our business is generated by 20% of our agents.

Congratulations! You have identified the 20%!

Slainte,

Jim
Web Reference: http://FlanaganRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 27, 2012
Wrong address!!! 3269 Churchill drive, toms river
Try 20101 cedar court! It's beautiful and the price is a steal! No damage from sandy and amazing water views. We wanted it but my husband was relocated out of state so we had to stop negotiations.
Only some agents are active on trulia and work heavily on trulia. You can identify them by the PRO or VIP badge next to their names!
With all do respect, you're answering a year old question in a market area that is not even in your state. PRO? VIP? Please.
Flag Fri Aug 9, 2013
That's the beauty of buying a "For Sale by Owner" home. I would treat any potential buyer like gold. I only have one house to concentrate on. Mine! Looking for Bayville area, check out my home and receive immediate answer to any questions you may have.
http://201gcp.wix.com/201gcp
Although I am not exactly sure what your questions were or how they were phrased, I suggest asking specific questions and providing a phone number. Some times on Trulia, they have it set up with a generic question asking for more information on a property. That could include an overwhelming amount of information especially for someone who just clicked the button and is not very interested. It is sometimes frustrating to receive requests like this with only an email address because most times we do not get a response to our answer and have no way of following up with the potential client. I always prefer to speak with my clients over the phone if possible as to establish a relationship and be able to address all of their concerns in a shorter period of time. I also suggest when searching for a home to be working consistently with one agent. It can be a pain explaining what you are looking for over and over to different agents. When you find an agent that works hard on your behalf, an agent that you can trust and an agent that you can interact with comfortably, I suggest using them through the entire process. They will also be able to help you research all of your questions about any property and most likely get a more timely response from other agents.
thanks for the intelligent response. I understand totally what you are saying but unfortunately i own my own business and cannot just pick up the phone and call a realtor or worst yet give out my number and have a realtor call when i am with a customer. this is how bad it is. i recently responded to a listing. i was asking someone to call me back as I wanted to purchase the house, cash, 20k over the asking price to avoid any bidding wars. that was 3 weeks ago and still no response from anyone. go figure!
Flag Mon Mar 19, 2012
Freeman,

What u have to understand is this us Realtors who are internet savvy realize that you are most likely emailing multiple realtors (as that is how Trulia has set things up) and if we don't respond in the statistical 15 minutes, it is most likely you have in conversation with another, therefore, we consider it a lead lost. Further understand, that most of us arent' sitting in front of the computer 24/7, but rather are out on the road most of the time.

In addition, there are many Realtors that set their price point goal at about a certain price point. So if you are emailing the best of the best, a response to say an under $500k price point will be late in coming as the $500+ people take priority. This shouldn't be, but you have to consider that in today's market, Realtors have to gauge time spent in each price point.

Ok, I'm off my soap box. Hope my feedback will instill your confidence in Realtors.

sincerely,
Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
GLORIA NILSON, REALTORS, REAL LIVING
Francesca@PatrizioRe.com
732.606.2931 (Direct/Cell/ 24-7)
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Freemen,

Sometimes you can be asking the right questions to the wrong agents or the wrong questions to the right agents. Trulia is a great platform for you to ask your questions and get professional answers so why not try posting your questions here first and you may even meet an agent here on Trulia that you would like to work with, develop a relationship with, and have all your questions answered by an agent who knows they are working for you.

To answer your other question, if its an owner financed deal, the realtor will still get his/her commission as long as the home is listed with a real estate agent. If its a for sale by owner then no commission is involved.

Hope that helps and good luck in connecting with an agent on Trulia in your area that, not only answer your questions but to also become your agent. A real estate agent provides so much more value than just answering your questions via email or via Trulia.
Many agents look at their relationship with a client as one to one and personal. Answering anonymous questions seems cold. If you see a home you like, call the listing agent. You'll be able to tell in the first 30 seconds if they are knowledgable and if they are your type of agent. I've spent 30-45 minutes on the phone helping people. Good luck in your home search.
Hi there, I would recommend you find a responsive agent to work with and then direct your questions to her. Your agent will be able to assist you with any listed property, regardless of listing firm/agent. Trulia is a great place to search for properties, but it also is a great place to find an agent. So why not approach it that way. I think you will be well-served.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Two Questions **** Two Answers ******

1. Do realtors get commission on an owner financed deal? I seem to be getting no response to my inquiries about owner financing. ANSWER - YES Period.! Why Wouldn't a Realtor Get Paid if they put the deal together

2. Why don't Realtors answer legitimate questions about a home? I have emailed on dozens of homes and have received about 20% responses. What is the Question? ANSWER- If you have a legitimate question about a home, post it here you will surly get a legitimate answer.

Dawn Marie White
Broker-Sales Professional/Manager
Crossroads Realty Inc
800-677-4033 Office
732-581-9414 Cell
dawnmariewhite@gmail.com
www,njwaterfront.com
http://www.njvacantland.com
http://www.crossroadsrealtynj.com
Crossroads Realty Sells more homes in Ocean County Than Any Other Realtor.
Not sure why your inquiries are going unanswered, however if looking to purchase in the near future, why not simply work with an agent of your own; that way all necessary information will be provided and no need to chase around town for answers...
You are emailing the wrong agents. There are many of us who are true professionals and work this job 7 days a week. You've found a good platform here. Post your specific listing questions here and you will get results.
Sorry you are having such a hard time. Those agents give all us good agents a bad rap. Just remember who they are and steer clear of them.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
If your looking in the Toms River area, please contact me. I will research and follow up on any questions or concerns about the listing.

Bruce Waller
bwaller@veltrirealtors.com
732-600-5959
Are you emailing the listing agents? Perhaps your emails are viewed as spam if the same email is going to dozens of realtors. Another thought is that the subject of email could lead agent to think it a prank. (I heard of agents getting emails about properties from "not interested")
Are you really emailing the agent that has the house listed? Are you asking really good questions or ones like "Why are they selling" "what did they pay for it" "What is the bottom dollar they will accept"? Often if you see a listing on some websites and an agent picture and name next to it that agent is probably NOT the listing agent and may have no clue about the house let along be able to answer the question.
I don't see questions that you asked. Please post them here and we will try to answer