Home Buying in Roswell>Question Details

Mom, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Why don't agents post the monthly fees for condos? It is such an important expense!

Asked by Mom, Atlanta, GA Thu Feb 21, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3107411584-4206-Lake-Pointe-C…

Hi there...thank you for the question on my listing. Actually the HOA fees are in my mls listing but for some reason, once they migrate to Trulia, they are missing or there is no field in their system to cover that. It is probably best on all condos/townhomes and even Single Family homes to contact the agent for that info if you are seeing the listing on this site. The monthly HOA for my listing in Roswell Pointe is $240. Please let me know if you would like to view this condo or any others in the Roswell Area!

Until Trulia has a field for monthly HOA fees, you won't see them for any listing.

Hope this helps...

Prudential Georgia Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
So nice to see a listing agent being on top of her listings and answering the question! Good job, Lisa.
I agree with Lisa - it is input that way originally through the local MLS. That information then goes out to other sights and many do not have a field for that.

I'm sure that is frustrating as a consumer because that is a large part of the picture. The best answer is to contact the agent you are working with and have them do the checking on those fees.
Oh and by the way that property probably has a monthly HOA fee of $240, but the agent might have it listed in the wrong field. If you want more information about it give me a call tomorrow and I can give you the details.

Also, on these public sites sometimes all the fields from the listings do not come across in the feed. Another reason to use a professional Realtor to help you out.

Rick Musto
Unfortunately some agents are lazy...they do not put in all the info they should to give a good presentation of their listings. Some do not put in pictures or just one. The best thing you can do is find an agent that meets your requirements and let them work for you. The nice part about being a buyer is that you do not pay the agent's commission generally, the seller does. So you have the best of both worlds: someone else pays for professional services that you receive!

Good luck and let me know if you would like me to help you out...I would welcome the opportunity!

Rick Musto, Realtor
Managing Broker
Buckhead Home Realty

Serving the Atlanta & Metro Areas