W.E.C., Home Buyer in Baltimore, MD

Why don't agents list condo fees?

Asked by W.E.C., Baltimore, MD Thu May 31, 2012

I'm seeing some condos that could be good deals, but have no idea what the condo fees are. Any reason why agents don't list them?

Answers

9
Condo fees have been an important element in considering a purchase.
Age restrictions also.
Pet restrictions too.
Many have great concern for lease/rent prohibitions.
Others find the potential for assessments to be the most important of all.
Let's not overlook restrictions on frequency of short term guests and the always important, what to do with that 2nd car are where are those laundry facilities.

For most condo buyers any ONE of these issues can be a show stopper. Clearly, the condo fees are but one piece of a complex puzzle.

If you are serious about purchasing a condo in St Petersburg you need access to the most reliable, current, accurate and comprehensive data available....the local MLS.

Aggregate websites change information, suppress data, and post data that is both false and often misleading. These sites are good for entertainment and collecting rudimentary information, but if you intend to make a purchase based on data exhibited on a aggregate website, please understand, it is not the agent who controls what is displayed on these sites.

You can have free access to the regional MLS with includes St Petersburg at the link below.
http://www.FloridaRealEstateMadeEasy.com

You have many, many, many, many choices for accurate, reliable, timely and comprehensive data. The choice is and has always been yours to make.

Best of success in finding your St Petersburg condo.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
Very simple... many Realtors that do property listings don't do all their job and do not research this information... another reason is that many sites do not show that information

Visit my website, my site shows all details including condo fees
http://www.MCHomesRealty.com

If I can help you in any way call me 727-432-2181
G day W.E.C.

Truth is the online websites leave a little mystery for the Realtor / Brokers who originate this data from the MLS information b/c of IDX guidlines. The Good news is you can connect to PROFESSIONALS, REALTORS that is. We operate under an OLD FASIONED Code of Ethics. Call start to build a relationship with a REALTOR ...Partner with them and they can become YOUR personal specialist.

Lady Di
The condo fee's are part fo the MLS listing but depending on the report that is accessed it may not show them. Contact me if you need further assistance
Annette had a great answer below. I would simply like to add that you can search in many locations. Sometimes the large sites are great- example questions and answers just like this. Other times you want direct MLS info in a simple search. For that, please check out out site where you will find HOA info with listings. Galleonproperties.com best of luck to you on your search
When agents enter listings in the MLS they do include the condo fees, however third party websites do not include all the data from the MLS. That is why you need a local experienced agent to help you in your search.

I can provide you with a free Listingbook account which gets information directly from our MLS and in real time. This will include all the information you need, current property status, and even access to property tax records.

Call me at the number below.

Maria Mercado-Stephens
Pinnacle Quality Award Winner 2010, 2011
Masters Producer 2011
Century 21 Jim White and Associates
10645 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL 33706
Mobile: (727) 642 - 1151
Office: (727) 367 - 3795
Fax: (727) 360 - 2739
maria.mercado@century21.com
I could not add anything more valuable as comprehensive as what Annette Lawrence has given you.
Best.
Beware, fees don't tell the entire story of an association. Make sure that you ask for the full
W.E.C.,

When agents enter the property into the MLS System they do put in the fees. It has to do with the different ways various websites pull the information (IDX feeds). We have no control over that. Ask you agent to set up a custom search in MLS and send you what is called the "Full Buyer Report" which does show them. Listingbook also shows them at the bottom of their reports.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
http://www.FromCavesToCastles.com
VIEW PROPERTIES ON YOUR SMART PHONE
TEXT "PAMELA" TO 727-213-5142