Home Buying in Santa Fe>Question Details

Kat, Home Buyer in Santa Fe, NM

Why don't Real Estate agents follow up? We are definitely in the market in Santa Fe -- but no one ever follows through when you ask questions.

Asked by Kat, Santa Fe, NM Sun Nov 14, 2010

We are pre-approved. We are looking through Trulia. We will be in Santa Fe for a week in December to get serious about looking, but whenever we contact an agent to get more specific details, they say they'll get back to you -- but no one ever does. Is business so good that they don't need to sell houses anymore? They can't assume we aren't serious -- but we can assume they are not -- when they don't get back to us.

Answers

27
If Kat will permit me to respond (in case she doesn't see this message string), I humbly believe she will say that she and her partner had great service and are very pleased with their new home. They got a great deal on a wonderful property I found for them.

This story had a happy ending.......
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 21, 2011
It's unfortunate you're not getting the service you deserve. Visit our website below. We make it easy for you to search for homes in Santa Fe. (By payment or by price) Email, text, or have Google call us for you. We look forward to seeing you in December.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 14, 2010
Hello Kat, I am sorry that you are having such a difficult and challenging time getting a response from Santa Fe real estate brokers.
I am the Qualifying Broker and Owner of the Santa Fe Realty Group and we welcome the opportunity to be of immediate service to you. We are a smaller all inclusive real estate brokerage on purpose and our continual goal is to respond quickly with accurate information.
If you would like to work with professional brokers with integrity and years of experience please call Susan Hadley, Owner at 505-660-3633 and/or visit the santaferealtygroup.con website.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Susan
Kat,

If you find the answer to this question. Please let me know?
Hello Kat,

I just wanted to touch base to see if you've been in contact with anybody for your December visit? If not, give me a call, shoot me an email, or text me when you'll be in Santa Fe.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Roy Arndt
505.927.6723
rarndt@prusantafe.com
Prudential Santa Fe Real Estate
Kat, I am sorry that you have had such a challenging experience with listing agents. What I hope you consider is working with an experienced buyer broker who does what they say they will do to help you with your relocation and real estate needs. Remember, not all Realtors are the same. The way I work with new customers is to begin with a phone consultation. If we are on the same page, I will then create an exclusive web page for you where you can research and review the properties which meet your specific requirements and price range. Prior to your visit I will send you a Relocation Package and confer with you on a regular basis. Now, if this is what you are looking for to help you with your next move, please call/text 505-660-4541 and let's get started on the future. Emily Medvec, SRES, CRS, RSPS in Santa Fe, NM.
Web Reference: http://www.emilymedvec.com
Hi Kat, I always follow-up with buyer's looking to buy in Santa Fe immediately. I am ready to assist you when you are in town in December. I agree with Maureen's and Soham's responses. --Rose
Hello again, When you are ready, willing and able to pursue your interests in the Santa Fe market and would like to connect to an active, pro active realtor I would be happy to assist you in a very timely and educational manner. I look forward to hearing from you if and when you are ready to explore our ever changing market.
Be well and good luck, Susan Hadley Santa Fe Realty Group 505-660-3633 cell
"Now I am overwhelmed by all the responses, so I will have to consider what to do next. "
Kat, that's a good problem to have! Lots of good Realtors eager for your business.

It's a shame the initial responses you had tainted your view of Santa Fe agents; as you can see there are many of us who treat customer service seriously. Those who do not won't last in the business.

Keep us posted on your visit as I'm sure many of us would like to know how you fared with your Realtor.
Thank you for all the responses.

I think the previous "kats" must be someone else -- I haven't asked for help before.

Now I am overwhelmed by all the responses, so I will have to consider what to do next.

The follow-up I did not receive was by 2 separate realtors who said "we'll get right back to you about that property" and "what are you looking for? I'll send you an e-mail of listings within your parameters right away."

If you don't think I'm a serious buyer, or I'm just not ready to buy at this time, I understand that you feel you could be wasting your time. But to definitely say you'll get right back to me, and then be absolutely ignored, I don't understand. How hard is it to send an e-mail saying its taking longer than expected, or that you would not be able to help me. I was just venting because I was anticipating a difficult time in the future.

Thanks again for the respones -- I may be contacting some of you for help in the future.

Kat (Las Cruces)
Hello Kat, It looks to me like there are numerous Santa Fe Realtor's that are willing to be of service to you. I might suggest that you indicate through Trulia or to a specific real estate company exactly what you are looking for, the specific dates you will be in Santa Fe, your contact numbers and any special requirements or criteria that you are requesting. Finding a home any where requires that both the Buyer and the Realtor have close communication on a regular basis so that your needs are met quickly and accurately.
As the owner/broker of the Santa Fe Realty Group I am open to speaking with you about your criteria and personally meeting in December as other Santa Fe realtor's appear to be as well.
If you would like to contact us we are a "smaller company on purpose" and will give you the undivided attention each client deserves.
Thank you in advance.
Susan Hadley , Santa Fe Realty Group. Com
505-660-3633 mobile
SantaFeInfo@santaferealtygroup.com
Kat - I'm sure it's a coincidence, but I did some involved research for a "Kat" over a year ago, including researching strawbale homes and researching and forwarding contacts for her special needs son. Her situation was in flux so she couldn't come for a visit, but I kept in touch over the ensuing months (with my last contact this past summer) even though there were no responses to my emails in 2010.

Kat, I mention this because I, like many of the professionals in my field, try very hard to respond to the needs of our customers. I cannot imagine any Realtor worth her/his salt walking away from a potential client without an explanation or a referral to someone else that might be more suited to the specific needs of a given individual. Many of us will go out of our way to assist even if we know up front that the person will not be a client; it's in our nature to help people - that's one of the main reasons we are (or should be) in the business.

You've received responses to your message from Santa Fe Realtors who have stated they will help you. Contact any one you wish and give them a try. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 14, 2010
I always answer, but no one has contacted me who was not answered. I have many happy clients.
Jim.deville@sothebyshomes.com
Kat,

That makes me sad. Not only are those agents unprofessional, but they seriously lack integrity. Real Estate Agents provide a service and that's it. If an Agent can't simply keep his or her word and follow up, then he or she is simply not doing his or her job. It's an indicator to not work with that agent or any of the agents with that company. If you really want some answers, you might want to ask "When can I hear back from you?" And then hold him or her to her response.

What I suggest is to get a referral for a good Realtor, then have him or her get all the information you need.

Soham
Hi Kat

Many agents respond within 24 hours, some within minutes. Professional brokers (and I emphasize "professional") understand that your questions are immediate and our responses should reflect that. A timely response is not unreasonable. In our current climate of a buyer's market and the advances of technology, you should expect and get a quick response.

Santa Fe is a very unique market. As a destination spot for travelers around the world and a place were many homebuyers are actively seeking the Santa Fe Lifestyle, you will find many great properties to suit your needs at great prices. Santa Fe has achieved a distinction in the current real estate market as a top city within which to buy a home right now.

Good luck with your search and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any of the brokers here who has answered your question - and I hope have done so quickly!!

Best regards and happy holidays to you and your family,

Maureen Mestas
Prudential Santa Fe Real Estate
Top Multi Million Dollar Producer
505.310.1050 mobile
maureen@prusantafe.com
Dear Kat,
If you send an email my way with more specific information on what you are looking for, I can refer you to an excellent agent in New Mexico.
Hi Kat- Personally I feel follow up is the most important aspect in any service related business. I'm not sure why you have had problems with local brokers' but I do have some theories (won't share here). Anyway, feel free to contact me. We have a book on buying and understanding Santa Fe real estate and that might be a good place to start. Good luck!!!
Kat,
I would love to help you while you're in town over December! Call me or email me your requirements for a home.
Maria Borden Concierge Real Estate Services
maria@mariaborden.com
505-660-0671
Hi Kat,
I spoke with you a while back here on Trulia.com and set you up with an online home search in Santa Fe. I have not heard back from you in a while and was wondering if you still had an active interest. Have you tried to contact me since and have not been successful?
My partner and I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you might have, and would look forward to the opportunity to take you around to preview homes here in Santa Fe. We have successfully placed several buyers into homes, just in the last few months, and would love to help you too!
Please feel free to call me if that is better than email.
Marc Nussbaumer, 505-310-0253
Kat, I would help you out if I lived in Santa Fe, but I work in the Boston and southern NH market. Half of the agents out there are below average, perhaps you have just been unlucky with the agents you have contacted so far. I'm sure you will get a good agent to respond now that you have posted on Trulia. Good luck with your move.
Kat:

Kat,

Sorry you have not received the response you should have. Please contact me if you need accomodations while looking in Santa Fe. We can provide a guest house while you are in town.

I will be happy to help you find what you are looking for in our beautiful city.

Laurie Hilton
Santa Fe Realty Partners
lauriehilton@q.com
Hello Kat,

It's sad that this has happened, especially with so many Realtors getting out of the business because "there is not business".

Have you thought of using a Relocation type thing? I can put you in contact with one that will not cost you any money, and the buyer representation is free. The best part is that you are catered to because the Relocation company will stay on top of the agent helping you to ensure you are receiving exceptional service. The agents that work with Relocation have gone through several classes, and meet the requirements in terms of experience and transactions.

Let me know if you would like some help!

Kevin Olson
kevin@liveinsprings.com
Sounds like you have not been contacting the right agents! I agree that there are a lot of flaky agents, and many do not even check their email on a regular basis. If you would like a tech savvy, successful buyer's agent with a proven track record, please send me an email to Nancy@nancyc.com and I would be happy to help you out.
Hello Kat,
I can't speak for other brokers, but if you'd like some help, feel free to contact me.

Dennis Bianchi
Qualifying Broker
City Different Realty
Bianchi@Realtor.com
505-983-1775
505-501-1434 Voice or Text
I agree with what Scott is saying. As agents, we get requests all the time for "information" about homes from buyers on line. It is important for buyers to know that all of this takes a lot of our time. Kat, if you are pre-approved, and serious, go on line to different companies...read the biograhies of agents and choose 3 to "interview." In making referrals to other agents, I always start with agents who are Certified Residential Specialists (CRS) which is the highest designation a residential REALTOR can attain. I eliminate agents without their own web site or email addresses. Agency pays a big part in this...that is how we as agents represent the buyers and sellers. In my state, we need to have agency documents signed after first substantive contact. So if you as buyers are asking an agent to do work for you from out-of-town, let them know you will sign agency documents with them in advance to be renewed once you meet them and you all feel like working together.
Kat you need to bear down on 1 agent, find 1 agent who can be your buyer broker and assist you with yoru purchase. They can send you listings, assist you with yoru showings and guide you through the buying process. if you are calling alot of different Realtors, and they know that you are and that you will not be in until Decmber, what is available todays may not be available in December and doing alot of work for soemone who may go with anothe rbroker isnt productive. Choosing 1 agent to make all the calls for you is the best course to choose. I have some contacts out that way, if you would like a referral of a or a couple of buyer agents just email me.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com