Bojicat2000, Renter in

Why doesn't trulia have common charge or percent deductible for real estate taxes ? It's relevant info.... Waste of time without it.

Asked by Bojicat2000, Fri Jan 10, 2014

Answers

11
Trulia, for all of its positive attributes, is not a substitute for an actual licensed real estate broker. Trulia does not have a direct line to every MLS in the country. Point being - forgive them for their limitations, and appreciate them for what they are. And talk to a local agent!

That answer hit it right on the head. If I could give it two thumbs up, I would.
Flag Sat Jan 11, 2014
If you don't want to waste time, work with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary and accurate information; why rely on third party sites...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 11, 2014
Keep in mind that not all agents are creater equal; therefore choose your agent with care and take the time to interview a few from different realty companies in person...
Flag Sat Jan 11, 2014
PS. It was up to me to check out the listings on Truilla, NY Times, etc, then contact the broker to see what I wanted. Having more info available to me quickly could have made me job easier. The brokers did nothing but set up an apt. One cannot get into most NYC apt bldgs without a broker. Several times our broker didn't even show up, just the listing broker. but you can be sure when it was time for closings, the brokers were there early.
Flag Sat Jan 11, 2014
Many agents don't want to bother with you unless you know what,/where you want to see. The profession is no longer what it used to be. One just gets the feeling, all the agent cares about is making a sale, not what is the best for you. We used 2 agents to sell our NYC apt recently, and 1 to buy a new one. Neither gave me the confidence, my business was important to them.
Flag Sat Jan 11, 2014
@ MacK TU

The best investment a citizen can make are those that make their time more productive.
Your choice, if you are serious, is the promote yourself to resources that make your time more productive. The WavGroup found 37% of the data on Trulia to be faulty. That is not a good foundation for using your time productively.
-
If you are serious, you will Pick up the phone and call a local REALTOR for FREE access to the MLS where the accurate, timely, comprehensive (including taxes) responsible data resides. The choice is always yours to make. Some agents provided a easy to see telephone number.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 11, 2014
Its partly a marketing tactic, so you call the agent. The other part is they aren't fully aware of what information needs to be provided.

Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 10, 2014
As all the information any website has, it will never be able to give all the financials, details, and inside scoop each building/property has. This is why hiring a professional real estate agent is key.

If you have any questions on maintenance fees/common charges, or RE taxes and any deductibility percentages, I can provide you with such information.

My email is nardeen@rapartnersny.com or call me at 917-792-1999.
I 100% agree with Bojicat2000, Trulia should provide this information. In fact competing sites offer this information so Trulia should step up their game and fully inform shoppers. These charges play a pivotal role in understanding how much house one can "afford" in their monthly real estate budget.

Of course, some of the responses here are from agents who make $$$ from maintaining the information asymmetry in the marketplace. Many principals need a good agent to help them through these important decisions, however I would argue that all participants in the marketplace benefit from full, efficient, transparent information sharing. Condo fees, real estate taxes, capital contributions, etc.are just the beginning.
- We used 2 agents to sell our NYC apt recently, and 1 to buy a new one. Neither gave me the confidence, my business was important to them.

Well, maybe it wasn't, but as you have learned - the agents have the best information. I think you would benefit by deciding whether you are better off with an honest agent who can provide services but doesn't need your business, or by going it alone and hoping that the listing agent gives you the information you need.

Yea, that's probably the best idea. Find someone you really click with and that you trust. It'll make the process a lot easier. If you're still interviewing for the job I'd love to apply.

Shoot me an email if so.

Max.rather@corcoran.com
Trulia is a marketing source for consumers to help in their search for real estate whether they are a buyer or seller. Common charges and percent deductible for real estate taxes are specific questions that licensed realtors like myself can provide for you. These numbers are different for every listing,
Monthly maintenance, Real Estate Taxes and assessments vary greatly from building to building and these monthly charges affect price, affordability and your debt to income ratio. As my Corcoran associate below has said, we are happy to provide you with this information and will take all of these factors into consideration when analyzing a property for you.
Michelle Weissman
Michelle.Weissman@Corcoran.com
Licensed RE Salesperson
Member of The Real Estate Board of New York
We have it in the internal system at Corcoran. Shoot me an email if you need it for specific buildings.

Max.rather@corcoran.com