Home Buying in Phil Campbell>Question Details

g8800, Home Buyer in Fort Payne, AL

Why does the agent and seller not seem to be interested in selling or giving ant information about the house? I have made an offer but no reply.

Asked by g8800, Fort Payne, AL Thu Aug 22, 2013

Answers

6
Thank you for your reply.
I never thought of getting a buyers agent. I intend to do that.
The property is located in North Alabama and I am in the Florida Keys. So, I really need some answers before I make the trip to even look at it.
As to purchase and pricing and finance, what I told the selling agent is that I would be wanting to put 50-60% down and do a short financing period either with the seller or through my bank.
The agents reply was that the seller was not interested and left me wondering, not interested in what?
Anyway, I am looking for something in North Alabama like Russellville or Ft. Payne or anywhere in between. I would like a cabin type single family residence perhaps with and acre or two.
Thank all of you for your reply and help.

Marlous Quillin
305.797.2865
g8800@aol.com
What does your Buyer's Agent say about it or are you making a mistake and contacting the Listing Agent directly? Did you submit a full price offer (or at least close to it) or was your offer price considerably lower?

To view or make an offer on a property that is listed for sale, you should be represented by a Buyer’s Agent. The Buyer’s Agent will work on your behalf throughout the transaction. This is very important since the Listing Agent represents the seller.

By working with a Buyer's Agent, you are only seeing the homes that are actually listed for sale at that time. Also, having one Buyer’s Agent dedicated to you will greatly maximize your home buying experience since they will be locating available homes that meet your criteria as best as possible..

If you need a recommendation on a Buyer’s Agent, please contact me at (404) 591-2453 or rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com. I would be happy to put you in touch with someone who can assist you.

The seller of the property will want to make sure that you are qualified to purchase the property should your offer be accepted. Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Are you represented by an agent? If so that is a question to ask them. If not, why? A buyers agent looks out for your best interests and gets paid by the seller.
Not a bad deal.
Best of luck!
This day and time with the rates moving around and homes selling. Sellers sometimes are taking a little longer to respond. They get out and shop and look to see what is available before they respond.
How close to offering price were you? Just like you have buyers who aren't HOT to buy sometimes sellers can be COLD to sell.
How frustrating! Did you make a written offer?