Home Buying in Pensacola>Question Details

LT, Home Seller in Pensacola, FL

Why does Trulia show ZERO recently sold single family homes in Pensacola? I certainly hope this isnt the case. Have a 3/2 built in 2002, may sell...

Asked by LT, Pensacola, FL Sat Nov 17, 2012

Answers

3
Since 1 Jan 2012, there have been 2602 single family homes sold in all of Escambia county which is basically Pensacola. There are currently 538 homes under contract with some sort of contingency or just waiting on closing. This compares with 2185 sales for the same period last year. Sales are good and prices are slowly increasing. Now is the time to buy while there is still a good selection of properties, low interest rates and motivated sellers. Give me a call and I will be glad to help. Thanks Mike Moran 850-221-8024
For the week ending Nov 14th , Trulia shows 15 sales in Pensacola, about the same as this exact week last year.
Trulia is lagging behind because their information is taken from our local MLS. When I went into sales history the statistic are just now coming out for September. Remember all sales must be closed, reproted as sold by the listing agent and then compiled. This years peak sales were in June at 501. The good news is that this September was the best sales for that month since 2008.The median sales price is below $ 140,000 ....Distressed sales upward to 29% but that is so much lower than in the month of January which was accounting for 43% of total sales. Pending sales for this September were at 186...the year before it was 130. This is ancedotal and please do not take as fact, but from the way our phone has been ringing November / December are going to be very good.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
Thank you Ms. Guthrie. May hold off a couple of years before selling, as the rent is somewhat close to covering mortgage.
Flag Sat Nov 17, 2012