Home Buying in Knoxville>Question Details

Johnnie Scott, Home Seller in Knoxville, TN

Why do you have the public records for 3212 Lightspring lane that ARE INCORRECT posted?

Asked by Johnnie Scott, Knoxville, TN Thu Oct 18, 2012

It is not a 2 br house... it is 3brs plus a large sun-room and it has 1865 sq feet.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3095331096-3212-Lightspring-L…

Answers

3
Buster Schaad, the builder cannot understand how the mix up occurred. However, the PUD directly behind mine at 3217 Lexann is being confused with mine, and it is listed as having 1855 sq. feet.

It has 1535 and is a 5-room house. Mine is a 7-room house with 1855 sq. feet.

Potential buyers set appointments to look at both PUDS. After looking at 3217 Lexann , they were aggravated and refused to look at mine thinking both Puds being listed as having 1855 were the same. I can’t understand how a realtor can knowingly get by with false advertising.

This was explained to the realtor but she refused to make corrections. I have owned four PUDs here and watched them being built. My realtor, Judy Brewton can't force the realtor over 3217 Lexann to be honest!
Johnnie,
Here is what Trulia says about my listing that appears on this website.
-
"Trulia receives this listing from ListHub, a third party listing provider. As part of Trulia's syndication agreement with ListHub, Trulia has agreed to limit data edits on core fields (e.g. price and status) specified by ListHub. "
-
Any filed that effects VALUE, such as size, number of room, or garage are off-limits.
-
In this statement from Trulia I see NO reference to obtaining data from any resource such as the county public records or the MLS services, but only from a third party data aggregator. In essence, Trulia republishes data from Listhub and apparently RealtyTrac.
=
More disappointing is the 'agreement' to limit the ability of professionals to correct data that is obviously incorrect. This, however, is only to be expected from aggregate real estate websites.
A recent study revealed 30% of home shown for sale on these sites are no longer available. Further the study revealed home appearing for sale often appear 7 days AFTER they were published on the MLS or professional real estate agent sites.
-
The moral to the story is those seeking to be entertained will find Zillow and Trulia a great assets. Those serious about buying or selling a home should elect to use serious resources.
On aggregate real estate websites one will find themselves following the illusion of homes for sale and the vapors of home sold long ago.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us

First Look: http://youtu.be/PumYpkgybXE
Johnnie,
Judy will be able to answer your question as well; but the simple answer is that Trulia pulls their "public" records from Knox County records. Knox county records the information that they were given from the architect/builder/etc when the home was built.
Their records are notoriously inaccurate; but they are Trulia's only option for records.

Ray Gaudet
Affiliate Broker
Realty Executives
865-748-3346-CELL
How does Trulia know when a house is advertised? That does NOT come from the Public records. "Knowing" the public records are notoriously inaccurate, why would Trulia take the public records instead of the realtors information given in their property description? The description my realtor gives is honest. That comes from her listing. This seems to me to be a easy way to make corrections. Then it will depend on the realtor to be honest and MEASURE the homes they list as my realtor does.
Flag Fri Oct 26, 2012