Home Buying in Mid City>Question Details

Richard Viren, Real Estate Pro in Woodland Hills, CA

Why do they list propertyh with realthy trac? I search for properties but when I have to sign up to see specifics that makes it a no go.

Asked by Richard Viren, Woodland Hills, CA Fri May 25, 2012

Realty trac is a scam to get money, they make money on the property sale so why hit is twice?

Answers

10
Richard:

"Why do they list property with realty trac?"

Isn't it frustrating! In fact, RealtyTrac is listing public record information most of the time.

"I search for properties but when I have to sign up to see specifics that makes it a no go."

RealtyTrac's primary objective is to separate you from the Dollars in your wallet on a monthly basis for information most any Realtor® can provide you for FREE. RealtyTrac is not a "distressed property MLS", they are simply using Trulia to take public record notices and syndicate the information to the web. Very few RealtyTrac listings are actually for sale: http://docs.Steven-Anthony.com/RealtyTrac30.pdf

Most distressed property is sold via Realtor® websites!

See:

MLS Data Accuracy – Where to search if you’re “without Realtor®”
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_ornellas_mba_re_mastersgri/…

"Realty trac is a scam to get money, they make money on the property sale so why hit is twice?"

Given you can get REAL 100% distressed property listings from a Realtor® for free it would not appear to be a great "investment" for sure.

Here's a quick relative risk scale for distressed property (1 being the most risky):

1) Trustee Sale (court house steps)
2) Auction Company Sale (you bidding in a pressure environment)
3) REO (reduced disclosure requirements),
4) Short Sale (primarily risk is approval timeline)

-Steve
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 25, 2012
Realty Trac is not necesarily a scam because they are indeed giving the information they promise. But it is by no mean definitive or comprehensive and the accuracy is questionable. This needs to be look at as a place to start. It is a mass of information that will need to be cleansed, checked and double checked.
Hello Richard,
I wouldnt say RealtyTrac is a scam... they are an information provider and charge a fee for that information. No one is working for "free" The closest you are going to get to someone working for you for free would be to hire a Realtor who makes their living on a commission based on a belief that their investment in working with you will result in a successful sale. Otherwise, you could do the research yourself, going through public records, city hall, auctions, trustee sales, etc... I am not an advocate of RealtyTrac or any other information provider for real estate, but I do recognize that time is money, regardless of who you are and if you want something, anything, in this society... you will have to pay for it.
Hello Richard,

The best thing for you do you toget up to date information on properties is to get yourself a buyer's agent to search on your behave.

Agents have access to the MLS which has real time information. The best news is, a buyer's agent will search for homes for you at not charge to you!

Best of luck to you,

Kawain Payne, Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
It can be valuable information but not as available listings. Send Trulia an email.
Hi Richard,

The best way to seriously go after distressed property is to connect with a local Realtor who can assist you. There are steps you will need to take so that you are prepared to buy, once a property is located. A professional Realtor will have access to the distressed property that is on the market, and actually for sale.
Here's a real MLS property Search for Free with Map and also a detailed searc - you dont need to sign up.

http://www.trustsale.com/template40/nextpage.asp?mnu=175789

This is the same data that every realtor will see on their MLS website available to you for Free !

____________________

Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell

Call me 424-777-9377 - FREE CONSULTATION!

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855) ext. 777.

Sergey Fednov

President - Realtor®
- Trust Sale Realty -

Residential & Commercial Real Estate
_______________________________
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925
http://www.TrustSale.com
http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents -
Lic# 01896869
You need to work with a Realtor, what would take you $29.95/mo with a foreclosure website to get details on pre-foreclosure or bank owned properties whether or not they're actually on the market yet, can take me about 5 minutes.

I do use a site like Realty Trac when I'm searching for foreclosures, but I use it in conjunction with my MLS access & public tax record searches, I get all the information & history I need about a property & the owner's loan info in a matter of minutes.

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk to me some more. I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
Hi Richard,

You can sign up on my website and see everything on the market we real estate agents see. You can see 2 homes then just put your contact info in and you have full access. Don't worry I won't hound you, if you have questions feel free to contact me.

Brian Mitry
I totally agree with you. It is just a way to get you to pay them. There are many ways to find property listed for sale on sites that are free. Like this one.