Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Patrick Bull…, Home Buyer in Collegeville, PA

Why do the property taxes in the graph and property tax and assessment section never match? What do I use?

Asked by Patrick Bullock, Collegeville, PA Sat Jan 25, 2014

Answers

2
Hi Patrick, I hope you take this as a lesson that all information on public sites should be deemed unreliable until verified by your Realtor.

That said, I would use the higher amount for your estimation purposes. Once you have a house you like, your a Realtor can verify prior to you making an offer.

You might have better luck using a Realtor's website such as kurfiss.com

I hope this helps.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.617.1212
axelson@kurfiss.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 26, 2014
I am not exactly sure I know what you are referring to but I hope this helps. The graph breaks down the taxes on a monthly basis to give you an estimate of what a mortgage would cost you monthly. The assessment section may be the yearly tax cost. Or if you see the actual property assessment, that number is going to be higher and that is used to determine the tax amount but not the actual amount due. Again I hope this helps, if you ever have a question about a specific property I'd be happy to give you the accurate information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014