Home Buying in Rossmoor>Question Details

Sheryl Ruzek, Home Buyer in Wynnewood, PA

Why do the HOA dues vary so in Rossmoor and how often do they go up?

Asked by Sheryl Ruzek, Wynnewood, PA Wed Apr 16, 2008

Answers

3
Sheryl,

Sorry, I feel very stupid, I only know of one Rossmoor area in California and that is the area next to Los Alamitos in Orange county. I can see that you were not referring to that area, my apologies.
Rossmoor is an active adult community (for 55 and better) that is nationally recognized for it’s amenities and diverse housing options. Just 25 miles from downtown San Francisco, this 2,200 acre development includes approximately 6,700 homes, including primarily co-ops (cooperatives) and condos.

Rossmoor has outstanding recreational facilities including 27 holes of NCGA-rated golf, 3 community swimming facilities, an exercise facility, 8 outdoor tennis courts, 3 lawn bowling greens, bocce ball courts and hiking trails. Rossmoor’s Recreation Department offers movies, book reviews, dramatic readings and other entertainment programs, dances, weekly lunches and suppers, a lounge, classes and excursions, holiday events and volunteer opportunities. Additionally, there are 5 clubhouses with meeting and activity rooms, a library and picnic grounds. The community boasts over 200 active clubs, groups and organizations that plan activities and events. The community bus service that runs 7 days a week to take residents to destinations within Rossmoor and to nearby stores, churches, community centers and to downtown Walnut Creek. These amenties are available to every homeowner.

HOA dues are consistent within sections of like properties of similar size and amenties. The "base" rate is the high $500's. In some instances they are in the $1800's in one condo complex within Rossmoor that includes one meal a day in the onsite restaurant (choice of lunch or dinner) and weekly cleaning service.

HOA fees will change here based on budgetary requirements to support the community facilities, building exteriors, insurance and cash reserves.

I hope this answered your question satisfactorily. If you have additional questions regarding different types of properties in Rossmoor and their fees, please feel free to contact me directly.

Vickie Nagy
(925) 407-7987
Sheryl,

I just checked out the properties in Rossmoor and noticed no HOA dues. Can you be more specific.

Thank you.