janelynnbenn…, Home Buyer in Ansonia, CT

Why do some listings keep showing a different amount of days that the property has been on the market?

Asked by janelynnbennett, Ansonia, CT Fri Jun 29, 2012

Also going in and out of the rental listings? Confusing to the first time home buyer such as myself

Answers

2
Terri Vreeland, ABR, SRES’s answer
One reason could be that if the property was listed on more than one multiple listing service, and not listed on each service on the same day, that would explain why a property is showing different days on market. I know for myself, I belong to two multiple listing services---Fairfield County MLS and the Connecticut Statewide CT-MLS. There are times when I get a listing up and running on the CMLS (Fairfield County) and then may take a couple of days to get it on the CT-MLS. I hope that answers your question. Please feel free to contact me for more info. Best Regards, Terri Vreeland, 203-452-3888 ext. 137.
I would guess that only the MLS Listing is an actual counter, moving forward with each day;
When a listing is transferred to an Internet site, there is no counter to keep moving; it simply shows the number of days at the time that the listing was posted.

This would be another reason to check with a local Realtor regarding the Listing; the Internet Posting might show 30 days, but the actual DOM might be 90.

Good luck and may God bless