Home Buying in Wynnewood>Question Details

Gauri, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

Why do many of the properties in Wynnewood appear to be overassessed? Can someone tell me about this? I am a first time home buyer.

Asked by Gauri, Philadelphia, PA Fri Jul 13, 2012

Answers

2
You get what you pay for! In this case you get top ranking schools, a highly educated neighborhood of professionals, a strong family community, beautiful parks, libraries, transportation, high end shopping, well trained and quick response police & fire force, proximity to the city with the space of the suburbs, and well maintained streets and public spaces. You could get more space for less money, but you certainly won't find the quality of all the best features found in the homes on the Main Line.
Current CLR for Montgomery county is 1.61. Depending on the calculation, you should be able to make a better determination if a property assessment could, or should, be appealed. Good hunting!