Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

Glenn Turnley, Home Buyer in Upper West Side, New...

Why do brokers not bother replying to emails from buyers? I am ready to buy , but not had one reply to properties I am interested in. I am baffled!

Asked by Glenn Turnley, Upper West Side, New York, NY Wed May 1, 2013

Answers

13
Hi Glenn,
It is a frustrating thing. I'm still surprised daily by how many brokers don't take their job seriously. If you'd like to have some help, I'm happy to dig in for you. Brokers do tend to be a little more responsive with other brokers.
If you'd like to shoot me an email to: dtaylor@dsarealty.com I'm certain I can help you find a home to buy.

David Taylor
DSA Realty Services
113 E. 12th St. NYC 10003
917-327-2321
You have not contacted a professional agent! Not all agents are created equal!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 5, 2013
Have I been unlucky then? You would think a random cross-section would turn up one or 2 at least wouldn't you? All I needed was a 'yes' or a 'no' so I could arrange an inspection, or not.
Flag Sun May 5, 2013
Not all agents are created equal; however don't remain baffled, why not simply work with an agent of your own, they all have access to the same information. If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 2, 2013
I am too. I was just speaking to a Realtor at a closing about this same thing. Some agents must not need the money I guess. I will say that even though not getting back to people is completely wrong, most agents I see have had an increased in the number of buyers they're working with.

Keep looking and you will find someone you can depend on.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(631) 659-2011 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 1, 2013
Like everything else, there are different qualities of real estate professionals. As a rule of thumb, a real estate professional should be carrying a smartphone, so during normal hours, you should receive the courtesy of a reply. Locate someone else who will cherish your trust.
Richard Brody Licensed Salesperson richardbrody@danielgale.com
Call me I can help you find what you need

Thomas D'Alcamo
718.256.4000
Good Morning Glenn,
Everyone is different. I personally prefer people to call me, especially about my listings. It is very important for me to converse with people and get a real feel of what they need and how I can help. I usually answer an email by saying please call me. Most listings have the agent and a phone number so i'm curious, did you try to call them?

Tatiana Davis
Davis & Associates Realty
718-805-2400
Dear Glenn:

Did you include your phone number in the emails you sent to the agents? If not try including your number next time. Often times if an agent is on the road, it may be easier for them to call you as opposed to emailing you. Try that.

Also, if you want you can contact me direct and I would be more than happy to assist.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Feel free to call me or e-mail me anytime. Your e-mails/calls will be answered same day. I specialize in assisting buyers find the property they are looking for and for the price they want to pay.

Sanjaya Shakya
Core Homes & Properties
(917)359-4859
sanjayarealtor@gmail.com
Hi Glenn,

That's hard to fathom. It would behoove you to work with someone on the buy side, so that they can help with all aspects of the purchase - from setting appointments to packaging your offer in the most competitive way and generally walking you through what is a fairly complicated process. Our office is on the Upper West Side, and we know the market very well. We're also a team of 3, so we're super full service, and at no cost to you. I hope you'll consider working with us.

Christina

Christina Prostano
The LDM Team
Brown Harris Stevens
cprostano@bhsusa.com
(646) 373-3269
Hello Glenn,

What is it you are looking for? Give me a call. If I was to call an agent on your behalf they have to respond withing 24 hrs. This is all free to you.

Have a good day.

Luke Constantino
Commercial/Residential
Keller Williams Real Estate
9120 4th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11209
Office: (718) 954 8400
Direct: (212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com
Good Evening Glenn Turnley,
I would like to be interviewed for the position as your buyers representative.

Phillip Benn
Kings Realty Professionals
7219 Ave N
Brooklyn NY 11234
Cell:347-526-3501
Hi Glenn - it certainly is nice to be so independent, isn't it. anyways I answer all my calls and emails.
So I will be more than happy to try and help you.
just let me know what your dream home is, and I will do my best to find it for you.
Madelinepadovano@fillmore.com