Home Buying in Keller>Question Details

Xan, Home Buyer in 76262

Why can't I find any recent sales data for Keller TX- I was looking for data for homes sold in the range of 500K-800K-?

Asked by Xan, 76262 Sat Apr 16, 2011

I only found one house that sold in Oct 2010 for $610k-I can't believe no others have sold in that price range since then-if that's the case then I am VERY wary to purchase a house in that price range for fear of overpaying if that area of the market is not moving-Anyone with sales data would be appreciated

Answers

18
Xan, sounds like you need to contact Lisa Ackerson below as she has the information you need. Recents sales ARE your comps so disregard Lynn911's answer. Recent sales are what an appraiser will use to determine the value. Don't be afraid of contacting an agent for help, that is what we do whether or not it produces a sale.
You can find it here:

http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/mimarket/zip/76244/

Also lots of people say Keller, but this can mean different things to different people.
Some people mean "Keller" school district which encompasses several cities including
Keller and parts of Watauga, Fort Worth, Southlake, Westlake, and maybe a couple of other cities.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
thanks Lisa-The article only reinforces everything I have already researched ! Keller is the place to be
Xan - I thought you might find this article interesting. It was in the local newspaper this morning:

Lisa
You have received a lot of good advice so far. If you are wanting to get good comps than have a Realtor complete a market anaylis of the area you are considering. Knowing the price a home sold for is not enough. You have to also know if the seller contributed any closing costs to the buyer. An appraiser will take that into consideration. Also an appraiser is not going to take comps that are crossing over major streets from the subject property. Appraisals are mere opinions, and certainly not scientific. Once my buyer finds a home they have an interest in we look at the whole history of the neighborhood, not just the past 90 days. In my opinion it is important to see what the homes were selling for years ago so that you can see if the market has been stable in that area, or if there has been a significant change. Often it is good to know so that you can see where your neighborhood is headed. For the most part, Keller is one of those areas that has remained stable during this questionable market. You can search the MLS directly through my website at http://www.clickpickandmove.com.
Good luck, Mindy Lowry, Realtor RE/MAX Heritage 682-559-1246 direct
I like Bruce's answer, but you might also be interested in the handy tool that you can get a market snapshot of an area you're interested in by email. Here's a link to it:

http://www.DallasHomeValueReport.info
Xan - Thank you for your kind response. One of your first lessons about Keller is to be sure you understand the difference between a home in Keller and a home in Keller ISD. There are many homes in the Keller ISD that are actually in Fort Worth limits and, although the two areas share a mutual post office, as well as the school district, there is a difference in tax rates, as well as the city services available to you (police, fire, etc.) among other things. Be sure whoever you end up with understands this so you can make an informed decision. I have heard of many people who believed they were in "Keller," only to find out that they were actually in "Fort Worth." Good night.
Web Reference: http://www.LisaAckerson.com
Xan,

By the way, we work with all relocation companies.
I always think it is better for you to pick the realtor, not just get the one assigned.
You should always have the right to pick, just tell the relo company you have already
identified the realtor you want to work with.
We do everything we can to protect your benefits that are offered by your company.

Bruce Lynn
Xan....I show 24 sales above 600,000 in the past six months in Keller.
and another 12 in Keller ISD.
As you can see this is the upper price ranges in Keller.
There may be other areas you want to consider if you want to be in the 600-800K price range.
The first two that come to mind are Southlake and Colleyville near Keller.
You can check this link for more homes for sale in Southlake:
http://www.mlsfinder.com/tx_ntreis/robertbrucelynn/index.cfm…
You can check this link for homes for sale in Colleyville
Xan, here is a possiblity for you - see if you can find a short term rental say 3 to 6 months before you buy, that gives you some time to expore. Yes, I know it is a giant pain to have to move twice ( I have moved 6 times in 10 years - ugh) but with all the storage pods out there now it is not too awful. Sometimes Realors will have vacant listings that they might rent for 3 months or so - I had a client that rented to someone who was building a new home & needed temporary space - it was a win win for both (he agreed to show in exchange for the short term rent). Good luck to you and welcome to Texas.
There are a lot of great areas with beautiful homes. If you don't mind sharing, what area will you be working in and do you have school age children? What activities do you like to do when you aren't working? This can help us to guide you in the right direction. Thanks!!

Jackie Rankin
Tru Value Realty
Well if I get a "chance" to choose my realtor you may hear from me in the next couple of months! Thanks Lisa
thanks everyone-I also hear Southlake is nice too-but I'm little concerned about the planes from DFW
Xan - I completely understand your position. I'm sure that should you end up relocating the company will find you a competent Realtor who knows the area and can advise you. In the meantime, while you are trying to make decisions, if I can be of help, please do not hesitate to let me know. I live in Keller and my office is in Southlake so I am very familiar with the area. I would be more than happy to assist you in any way I can.
It's not tthat I.m trying to do this on our own-it's just I'm trying to gather info to decide whether to move from where I am to keller tx-I want to know that I can have everything i already have (and more of course!) I completely remodeled my home for our family and I want to find comparable in Keller tx for the same or less than what our current house is costing us/worth around the 750k price point _ i don't really want to be paying more for it! I am considering a move from the NE-it is a company move so they will be relocating everything so I cant really choose a realtor yet because they may require we use their recommended people-we don't "have to move" but it was offered to us and we are seriously thinking about it and getting "informed" ourselves rather than just having the company point of view.-we are sick of the miserable weather here and tbh we enjoy change! Have lived in several different countries and climates and think TX would be good for our family for SO many reasons
It sounds as though you are trying to get this very important information on your own. Knowing current market values is one of the most important things to buying or selling real estate well. Asking the question on Trulia is also good but why haven't you asked a Realtor that has listings in that area? This information can be easily emailed to you or you can be there when the agent conducts the search. Good luck.
Hi Xan - Not sure where you're getting your information but when I pull sold homes in Keller, I found 43 homes that have sold between $500,000 and $800,000 in Keller since 10/16/10. If you would like some assistance and are not already working with an agent, please give me a call and I'll see what I can do to assist you.

Lisa Ackerson
Certified Residential Specialist
(817) 994-6639
Sales data and comp's are TWO different information . Purchase a home based on sales data would have no value to you.

Your buyers agent should be working on your behalf provide you the necessary data where you work in concert together determine sales offer to the propery owner.

If you don't have a buyers agent contact my office happy represent you

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com