Home Buying in Clinton>Question Details

Mia, Home Buyer in Clinton, IA

Why can I not view the home of 269 13th ave. N on this site? You are saying it has sold but it does not state this on the sign.

Asked by Mia, Clinton, IA Sun Dec 13, 2009

Answers

2
Kate Sager’s answer
Hi Mia,
I am the listing agent on this property. The home has not sold; apologies for the confusion. It was off the market for a short period of time, but it is back on now. If I can get you any more information, or help you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me. The best number is 563-593-7567, or you can email me at katesagerhomes@hotmail.com. Thanks for your interest; I look foward to helping you!
Mia,

This is a question that many buyers often ask. A property is sold when a buyer and seller agree in writing to terms of a sale, it has nothing to do with the sign. After the agreement is made the buyer usually has to do an inspection, get an appraisal, secure financing, and so on. The property is never really "sold" until close. Sellers may way to continue to receive offers right up until close from buyers who have already seen the property, or maybe those that would risk making an offer sight unseen. Part of the agreement is that the property will be taken of the market, so therefore sellers are not allowed to show the property to prospects any longer.
So agents place sold signs out, and some do not. There is no law or rule that says a sold sign must be put on a sold property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 13, 2009