Home Buying in Meredith>Question Details

mrcadmin, Home Buyer in Meredith, NY

Why aren't the taxes reported? It is a very big consideration for us. Where do I find out the tax info?

Asked by mrcadmin, Meredith, NY Sat Aug 25, 2012

We love the Phoenicia NY area--right in the mountains and have started looking in upstate NY. We are interested in a property with about 3 bedrooms that has at least 5 acres. We will use it for vacation now with the idea of perhaps moving to it in a few years. We also want a property that will allow for other buildings to be built on it. I have contacted one realtor but they are not interested in helping until I'm ready to buy. So if you're interested in helping us find the perfect place I'd love to deal with you.

Answers

5
The taxes for this home are $4,300 per year.
Well we do have a property in Hobart NY that is going for almost 50% off of FMV if you would be interested. It's a great deal 4 bedroom 1.5 baths. Also we have another that more then likely will fit your criteria. It is an apartment building/house that can be expanded on going for almost 50% off of FMV as well. You can call me at 347 605 8175 if you have any other questions. Ask for Jeff
All I can sat is look out for taxes in Liberty. They are hugeand about to go up 19%. Scary.
county tax info is available online for most counties. just google. look for the department of real property. school taxes are separate. try taxlookup.net; it has some school districts, by county.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Consider contacting other area agents; you can also locate some of them under the find a pro tab. When it comes to taxes, it's always a good idea to verify the information by contacting the local tax assessor's office; also check with the local town regarding any property additions beforehand. If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Thank you so much, that's very helpful.
Flag Sun Aug 26, 2012