Corvallis Ho…, Home Buyer in Corvallis, OR

Why aren't floor plans and inspection reports provided with the initial listing? It would save everyone involved in the process so much time.

Asked by Corvallis Homeowner, Corvallis, OR Fri Aug 30, 2013

Seems logical for homes to be pre-inspected so the buyer knows what liabilities they are taking on. Also I could eliminate 90% of the homes I've looked at if I had a floor plan and inspection report at the outset. Frustrated with the entire process.

Answers

6
I like your idea, but rarely happens this way.

You could buy a new home where floorplans are common.

That however does not eliminate the inspection issue.

Some buyers also don't trust another inspector hired by someone else.

I think as Kim mentioned many people seem to be nervous about posting floorplans. The county did it for a while, but then a law was posted to prevent the county from doing that and floorplans were removed.

Some of your issues might be overcome with a great agent.

In my opinion around here and with many areas of the country the floorplans aren't really all that different..in certain price ranges ...and certain ages...and certain areas. Sometimes only one builder in a neighborhood....sometimes 2 or 3....
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I wouldn't want the floor plan of my home posted online for every Tom, Dick and Harry to see. It's a safety issue on occupied homes. And as others have stated, a seller could also hire any Tom, Dick or Harry to inspect the property pre-sale, why would you want to trust their inspector? Why wouldn't you want to hire your own and do your own due diligence? Just to save time? A good agent can help you with this, where's yours?
Not sure why you are posting here in Texas, maybe customs are different in Oregon. Here in Texas seller's are required by law to disclose any known defects. Do they always disclose them? No. Do they always know about them? No. I don't know what they do or don't have to disclose in Oregon, but here in Texas the asbestos would have to be disclosed. The aluminum wiring would not necessarily have to be disclosed if it was operating as intended, although on the disclosure notices I give to my sellers to complete they are asked to state what kind of wiring the house has.
Flag Sat Aug 31, 2013
I would hire my own AFTER making the offer but I'd like full disclosure and full information on known issues before I make an offer and invest 1k in various inspectors. Just walked away from house with perfect layout and location because it has aluminum wiring and asbestos discovered by another buyer who backed out. That guy saved me $1k. The whole process seems designed to keep as little information from the buyer as possible.
Flag Fri Aug 30, 2013
Also safety issues for floor plans REASON why provides criminals ability to know where everything / rooms / etc are located within a home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 30, 2013
Why you have seller disclosure prior submitting a sales offer. Besides any owner could hire an inspector to represent them ... why you need have your own professional representing you . Would you go to court use the same attorney probably not.

Also talented busy agents can SAVE so much time for any home buyer by effective interviewing process. I am on property approx. 200 times a month with family tours can pretty much determine floor plan of many homes OR all ready been in that particular home with another family on tour.

My website is updated daily therefore saves you time search accurate information

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.
_________________________________________
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
https://twitter.com/Lynn911

(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 30, 2013
If a seller has an a home inspection done prior to placing his home on the market, any issues found can be repaired by anyone including the home owner and/or unlicensed or non-certified technicians. Repairs for inspections performed during the home buying process have to be completed by licensed and certified technicians.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 14, 2013
If the Sellers have it, we provide it. Don't count on it though, Sellers lose such items.
http://www.tcrdallas.com