Home Buying in Fort Smith>Question Details

msladyjem01, Home Buyer in Fort Smith, AR

Why are your listings in Fort Smith based on the fantasy price, 25% higher approximately to sales price in this area?

Asked by msladyjem01, Fort Smith, AR Mon Jul 9, 2012

Assessed values are reducing real property taxes, fair market value should support the real market to keep the escalating high cost in housing, resulting in ravaging the market conditions, which we all know affects the homeowners, communities, violence and crimes. Share your knowledge with an economy suffering from poor decisions.

Answers

2
My homes are all listed at current market value. If there is an a particular property you would like to discuss....please let me know. Thanks
Did you know that Fort Smith was deamed one of the Cheapest places to live in the country according to Kiplinger?

Real Estate agents are not appraisers and therefore have to rely on a Comparative Market Analysis to help price our lisitngs. We look at homes in comparable areas that have sold and work up an estimation based on that. We are at the will of our sellers who in the end determine the listing price. We can advise them and help them with the CMA and most homes are listed in the proper range. A home is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

I can honestly say that although we have homes sale for below the listing price, I have actually seen some sell for more than the list price. Full offers some in all the time.

If there is a house you like and you feel it is overpriced, make an offer on the price you think it is worth. I am not saying you will get that price but you never know until you try. Sellers around his area have many differnet situations you never know if they got transfered and they have to sell and come out of pocket after living here a couple years with no equity or if the house was a family members that passed away and is paid in full waiting for the best offer to come in. Maybe something in between.

The econmy is tough everywhere, housing prices cannot rebound unless a buying is willing to pay more for it.