Home Buying in Orange Beach>Question Details

Kmt, Other/Just Looking in Orange Beach, AL

Why are we not able to view Realty Trac properties?

Asked by Kmt, Orange Beach, AL Wed Jul 11, 2012

Answers

6
Mary McNair’s answer
I definitely agree with the comments about not assuming foreclosures are where you can get a "deal." Depending on the property and motivation for being on the market, some standard resales and new properties are great bargains. Keep your focus on what you can afford to spend and what you want in a home, then grab the best match for you.

Don't wait too long to get with a Realtor to help you in reviewing options. Property is starting to move like crazy, with there being several occasions recently when properties were under contract before getting a chance to get my people in. You need to have your financing in place and be ready to pounce with your best offer!
It is a pay to view site that lists properties that are in a foreclosure status and not yet available.
Your best bet is the Baldwin public mls site, accurate, up to date, baldwincountyrealtors .com
I agree with Catherine.
Flag Wed Jul 11, 2012
Keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always be accurate and oftentimes can be misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent, as most do end up being listed by a broker--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties.
Having an agent helping you locate active properties is your best bet. Give me a call and I'll get some basic information from you to do a targeted property search. If you're considering foreclosures, you definitely don't want to go through the process alone.

Having an agent help you doesn't cost you anything extra, so let's get started. (See the recommendations section of my profile to determine if I sound like the right agent for you.)

I look forward to assisting you in any way I can.
Why would you want to? Data from local MLS and the local website's IDX feed is the most accurate and up to date information and there are usually lots of pictures. I cannot tell you how many times we get inquiries on properties from national sites that are properties that sold 6 months to a year ago. I recommend to everyone to keep up with new listings they should sign up with a local site.