Home Buying in Lago Vista>Question Details

volgajay, Home Buyer in Lago Vista, TX

Why are town homes built on piers?

Asked by volgajay, Lago Vista, TX Fri Feb 1, 2013

Answers

1
Some townhomes are indeed built on pier & beam foundations. However, many of the newer townhomes & condos I've seen recently are built on a slab. It may depend on the age of the community, topography and other factors. Are you looking at a particular area or community? Please let me know if I can help you further. Paul Azevedo 512-638-2872
Thank you for the response. I was looking online at some condos at Point Venture. I was just curious as to whether it meant they were prone to flooding or something. I am retired and my wife retires in 2 weeks. My son lives in North Austin. He took us around Lago Vista around Thanksgiving. We live in a small town in southeastern Colorado. My wife doesn't really want to live in the big city. We kind of liked the Bastrop area also. My dad lives in Buda. Thanks again for the info.
Flag Thu Feb 7, 2013