Home Buying in Bellevue>Question Details

Tyrone, Other/Just Looking in Bellevue, Washington,...

Why are there so many townhomes for sale on Danburg ST SW and are there great homes for the price they are selling for? Who is HOA Company?

Asked by Tyrone, Bellevue, Washington, DC Sat Mar 13, 2010

Answers

3
Hey Tyrone,

I think you mean Danbury Street SE. There's not a Danburg St SW.

There is a townhome development there, built in 2006, that appears to have been mostly sold during the peak of the real estate bubble at inflated prices, and almost all of those that are currently for sale are either short sales or foreclosures. As to whether they are great homes, we'd have to go have a look at them and put one through a home inspection, if you liked one enough to put an offer on it.

HOA stands for Home Owners Association and the HOA fees cover things like lawn and landscape maintenance, street maintenance within the development, snow removal, trash pickup and other things. The HOA is made up of home owners living in that development and there is a board of directors elected from the home owners. The board determines what the fees are and is in charge of making sure things get done the way they are supposed to.

If you are shopping for a Buyer's Agent, I'd love the opportunity to interview with you sometime. Feel free to email me.

Kelly Putz
Realtor®
DC/MD/VA
Kangal Real Estate
kputz@kangalre.com
703-961-8663
HOA is usually a abreviation term for Home Owners Association.
I think you mean Danbury St SW. These are nice townhomes; the issue is most of these owners bought at the height of the market and they are currently either in a Short Sale situation or are foreclosed.

If you would like more details; please feel free to contact me directly.