Home Buying in Red Oak>Question Details

Javagal, Home Buyer in Red Oak, TX

Why are there so many short sales and foreclosures in the Red Oak area?

Asked by Javagal, Red Oak, TX Tue May 1, 2012

I will be moving to the Dallas area soon and one of the areas I have been looking at is Red Oak. I have noticed fairly low prices, which is great, but also found a large number of foreclosures and short sales. Wondering if this is an indication of the quality of life in the area, i.e., not safe, bad schools, crime, etc.

Answers

1
Javagal,
I would have to check statistics, but I don't believe there are more short sales or foreclosures in Red Oak than there are in Waxahachie, Midlothian, Cedar Hill, DeSoto or Duncanville. Or really any of our southern Dallas County and Ellis County homes.
I truly believe the number of short sales and foreclosures in the area are simply a statement of the national economy. Many families being hit hard by loss of jobs, reduction in pay and benefits is what has caused the inability to maintain their homes.
I personally have lived in the Red Oak area for 6 years now and love it. We have a WalMart opening soon. And an airplane wing manufacturing plant being built in our fair city. Red Oak is only a short commute to downtown Dallas - roughly 30 minutes (depends on traffic). So you are not far from a large entertainment field and work.
The school system is rated highly according to the Texas Education Agency. Visit http://www.tea.state.tx.us to see how it and other local school districts rate.
We have a great library and nice city parks for the kids with walking paths for all.
Please visit our city website http://www.redoaktx.org for all the city has to offer new residents.
Visit the city's police website for crime statistics in the area.
Come down, visit the city and the housing subdivisions you are looking at on Trulia and decide for yourself if it looks like a place you would like to live.
If you are not currently working with a Realtor to find your new home, my husband, Steve, and I are both Realtors and would be pleased to answer any questions you may have about the southern sector. My number is 972-841-9611.