Home Buying in Minden>Question Details

Stephanie, Home Buyer in Carson City, NV

Why are there so many houses up for sale on Long Drive in the Golf Corse?

Asked by Stephanie, Carson City, NV Sun Aug 5, 2012

Answers

3
Stephanie,

Most of the homes in that area were sold at the height of the market when the prices were high. I have a home listed for short sale up there, as are all of those that are pending and available. This is a very nice neighborhood with many amenities. The fact that there are short sales up there is economic and not a reflection on the homes, the neighborhood or the quality of life.

Taxes are high there too ... owing to the fact that these home went onto the market at a time when price were high. They are all dropping and the values correct.

I'd encourage you to look at these homes and others and draw your own comparisons. I'd be pleased to help you do so!

Lisa Wetzel
RE/MAX Reatly Affiliates
1320 Hwy 395
Gardnerville,NV 89410
775-781-5472
Stephanie, These houses were being built at the height of the bubble so a lot every one of these homes are worth less today then when they were built. I personally own two homes in this subdivision and I bought because they were well constructed. There have been some problems with springs in the project and some access water in places. However, in my opinion this neighborhood has been hit harder because of timing than most other areas. This was mainly constructed from 2003 to 2008. Prices are now at 1998 prices but they are firming.

You are getting more for your money in this tract then most others. The lots are small but it is a gated community and the golf course surronds the whole tract.
Thank you for answering! Can you tell me how much the HOA fees are there?
Flag Sun Aug 5, 2012
All of them are short sales except 3528 Long Dr. so the owners owe more to the lender than what they are worth. The sellers are trying to obtain approval from the lender to sell them for less than what they owe to the lender.
I was told it was because something was being built in the area and people were trying to get out before it happened(that was from a realtor)?
Flag Sun Aug 5, 2012