Home Buying in Ardsley>Question Details

Eva, Other/Just Looking in Ardsley, NY

Why are there so many homes for sale on Eastern Avenue in Ardsley? I counted four last week. Thanks.

Asked by Eva, Ardsley, NY Sun Nov 29, 2009

Answers

5
I live in Ardsley and I sell Ardsley, like the prior answers from the various answers, there is no particular reason why these homes on Eastern are selling at the same time. People move out of areas for many reasons, some outgrow the homes and want to move to larger homes and some, their children have grown and the family does not want to stay and pay high taxes while they are not using the school system.

You need not to worry about anything going on wrong on Eastern. I am a local realtor and like i said, i live in Arsley for 37 years, and my chlidren attended the Ardsley school system as well. feel free to contact me for additional information 914-438-4370
Thanks for the insight Melanie.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 29, 2009
I grew up on Eastern Drive. I sold our family home (#54) a year ago. I can say that the "many" homes on the street that have sold, or are for sale, are because the families bought the homes around the same time, when their children were young, raised them, and they are now at an age when the homes are simply more than the aging owners can manage.

Neighborhoods have natural turnover that sometimes make it look like there's a problem in the area when it's really just the natural ebb & flow of life.

If there are any homes in that area that you're interested in, let me know. I'd love to show them to you. I grew up running in & out of most of them with the neighborhood kids.

Thank you Eva, for sparking the memories!
Thanks for your quick response.
46 Eastern Dr & 48 Eastern Dr recently were sold. 57 Eastern Dr has been on the market over 60 days and it is the first time it been for sale. 60 Eastern Dr is currently for sale or for rent.

There are no major glaring underlying reasons, as the area is desirable in terms of location and school district. The records indicate that the owners have owned the properties for a long time - problably looking to move on at this point, having a good equity position for themselves.

Both these properties are attractive in terms of architecture and property size - each well over an acre.

Please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss in further detail.

Kenneth Diaz
Associate Broker
Better Homes & Gardens | Rand Realty
914 798 9132 realtor@att.net