Brenzz6679, Home Buyer in Trinity, FL

Why are there so many homes for sale in Tampa bay Golf and Country Club?

Asked by Brenzz6679, Trinity, FL Mon Nov 26, 2012

Answers

5
HOA fees are very reasonable, for what you get. Lawn service, mulch, fertilizing, tree trimming , rubbish discount, free 300 channel cable TV, club house with all the amenities. I challenge anyone to find cheaper for comparable equivalents. The reason there's more houses for sale is, Da! It's a 55+ community. On a average people moving in here have less time to live than those in other communities.
After reading Pat's answer, I have to tell you that I live in and list and sell within TBGCC. I have lived here for 15 1/2 years and do not know about any high HOA fees or other membership costs unless, of course, you elected not to pay your HOA dues. When you buy a home here in TBGCC, there is a one time $2,500 initiation fee which allows you to use all the facilities of the Country Club, excluding golf. There are memberships available for those who golf.
Hi George, thanks for your follow up it's a very useful add on...I however, did not mention "high" on the HOA fees (read to end.) And the "other membership costs was referring to to the one time initiation fee of $2,500 ~ that's why I mentioned "look out for" - note I didn't say beware or anything to put people off...I love living here and yes, I pay all my fees and some.
Flag Tue Nov 27, 2012
Why? Long story - short: Transeastern and U.S. Homes finished building around 2008 - ish...Their "builders close-out" offered new homes for no money down (this didn't help the bubble crash!) Then fast forward 2 - 3 years people decide to go back up north or where they came from (mostly snowbirds,) The homes they left were then forclosed upon ~ basically folks lost their jobs and couldn't afford their mortgage - or how they viewed it their rent because of the no money down ; they hadn't any equity in the home - so why should they care and what have they to lose?
Result: Up to date: We have a few empty homes - make that quite a few...couple that with the new homes being built (because the builders have a quota to match,) there seems to be a load of homes for sale ...We are on catch-up mode - a few forclosed and short-sales are being purchased - .e.g. A home near the 1st tee has just sold for $70,000 + leins to pay - last year the same home was $170,000 (please correct me if I have that wrong.) But it gives you an idea of the diverse cost of buying a home here on TBG&CC...RESALES: Are picking up - GREAT! This is now a healthy sign..One can find a bargain now - but in a few years the margin will narrow because the new homes are going swiftly..Lennar and Hovnanian are great builders and working hard to sell their homes.Location plays a big part where one lives on TBG&CC ...backing onto a lake or conservation lot is snapped up quickly...so, if you are thinking of buying make it soon...Baby Boomers are multiplying and demand will come to the same level as supply within 2 years. Hope I have answered you question okay? Oh! If you do decide to purchase a home here - look out for the HOA and other membership costs - my advice is rent first and get a feel.
Adding to what Linda has already, right now there are 40+ homes for sale and when you consider there are approximately 1300+ homes here, that is about 3.25%.
Many who buy in Tampa Bay Golf & Country Club are retirees from northern states such as Ohio, Michgan, New York, etc. Most have sons and daughters still living up north. A common reason is they decide to move back to be near relatives. The reasons vary, some of which may be health related or as grandchildren are growing fast, many want to participate more often in their lives. Another demographic have their primary residence in other states and in TBG&CC, they maintain their Florida vacation home. There comes a time they decide to sell the vacation home for any number of reasons.

And, of course, there are those who have friends who have bought in other communities and are lured to a new community.

Having said that, the re-sale inventory is half what it was just a few years ago-when at any given time there were 100 homes for sale and now inventory has been holding steady in the 40's. Also, some of the inventory represent "new construction" of 2 major builders.

I hope that helps answer some reasons for sales in Tampa Bay Golf & Country Club.

'