Home Buying in Warren>Question Details

Dnpmic, Both Buyer and Seller in Wilbraham, MA

Why are there so many forclosures in Warren, MA?

Asked by Dnpmic, Wilbraham, MA Sun Jun 19, 2011

My husband is recently stationed at Westover afb in MA... we are having a hard time finding a home that is suitable for us in the area... we are wondering why the housing in Warren is so much less and why there are so many forclosures.

Good morning!

I am from Brimfield...the neighboring town to Warren. Warren has always been a very depressed town in the area. It lacks several key things that a thriving town does such as employment, school system and easy highway access. All in all - it's a great little town with some beautiful houses (and views).

Depending on which side of town, Westover AFB is an easy drive. Whiskey Hill gets awful in the winter though!

Some other areas to look are Brimfield, Palmer, Ware, Holland and Belchertown. Feel free to let me know if you see something interesting or if you would like some suggestions. There are so many beautiful spots in the area!

The agent below is misleading you about Warren.
We have a wonderful school system for all ages. Region Middle/High School is just up my road, and there are two elementary schools that service Warren. Not to mention the fact it is a regional school system, so you have choices.
We are very close to highway access. Not sure what was meant by that. We are not far from 90/84 and not to mention 19, 67 and 9. We are smack in the middle of all the towns she listed below.

My neighbor commuted to Chicopee every day to her hair salon. My guess is she would NEVER have used Whiskey Hill and I am sort of saddened to see it listed below as a route for winter??? There are many ways to get here in winter without going via Whiskey Hill.

It is a depressed area, as is EVERY little town here in the center of MA, but it IS pretty and you DO get alot of house for your housing allowance out here. My house is probably too big, but check it out at http://www.182cutlter.com If you bought it in Brimfield it would cost you alot more. :)
I am also a retired vet.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 3, 2012
Your home is beautiful !
Flag Wed Dec 4, 2013

Just checking-in to see if you found anything interesting that you would like more information on.

Enjoy the day!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 21, 2011
Our Wilbraham office covers Warren. I am also a veteran and I help a lot of vets with VA loans and housing.

If you have specific questions email me I will be happy to answer them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 20, 2011