Donna Antona…, Home Buyer in Roslyn Heights, NY

Why are there so many co-ops for sale in the Roslyn Garden Development?? There's soooo many! Is there something wrong with them?

Asked by Donna Antonacci, Roslyn Heights, NY Fri Feb 25, 2011

Answers

8
Keep in mind that people relocate for a variety of reasons such as upsizing, closer to employment/job relocation, closer to family, etc.; therefore if interested in the complex, no reason not to consider it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 25, 2011
ROSLYN GARDENS RUINED MY LIFE!!! COOP BOARDS HAVE TOO MUCH POWER!!! I WILL BE HOMELESS IN 2 MONTHS!!!

PLEASE READ RHIS LINK:

http://txt.do/ovfp
BEACAUSE THEY ARE EVIL AND NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL WITH THE OBNOXIOUS COOP BOARD. THEY SCREWED ME SO MANY TIMES. IT'S A CONSTANT NIGHTMARE - STEAR CLEAR!!!
Roslyn Gardens is a fantastic co-op development which is maintained beautifully and gives great value for the area. Many first time home buyers find it convenient to all transportation and shopping and it has much to offer. The apartments are solidly constructed and have lovely views over the spacious gardens. When these first time home buyers are ready to buy a house, they then sell. There are relatively few apartments for sale in such a large development. In addition, many apartments are owned by people who have downsized from larger homes.
All these other answers are true. People are upsizing and down sizing, but not necessarily at the same pace.
The amount of vacancies at Roslyn Gardens may be because buyers are seeing if they can wait just a little longer for prices to bottom out. However, the traffic has been picking up recently. It could be the weather, or perhaps the recent prices are looking more attractive.
I'm looking to buy in that development. I am a single mother of 1. 30 years old and have lived with my parents over the years which gave me time to save enough $;however, of course, I always have to consider the school district, which I read is great. I just didn't want to make this big step which I've worked so hard for and saved for, and be disappointed.
Ms. Antonacci:
I hope you have found a home for you and your now 3.30-year-old! In case you have not, and are still continuing the search, I would love to be able to help you. I have lived in Roslyn for 15 years, not far from Roslyn Gardens, and my two children got a great education and are very happy. Please contact me with any questions you might have--no obligation, no fee--promise!! Good luck to you.
Flag Thu Feb 21, 2013
Hi Donna,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with these co-ops! They are in a beautiful setting and the management has always been top notch.

People buy and sell their homes for a variety of reasons. Roslyn Gardens is composed of many young people and families who are most likely looking to "move up". Since the market has slowed down more homes - co-ops, condos and houses - have stayed on the market for a longer period of time. Thus as new sellers enter the market any particular area may find an abnormal number of homes for sale at any given time.

Are you interested in purchasing or selling in the Roslyn Gardens (or anywhere else)? My office is close by. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me.

Arlynn

Arlynn B. Palmer, ESQ, SRES, CBR, CMS, CNS
Associate Broker, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Claire Sobel Realty
Direct: (516)410-3594
Office: (516)621-6300 x 205
Email: Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com
Web Reference: http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com
Hi Donna, there is nothing wrong with these coops. The residents are mostly younger and have decided to move into single family homes because of favorable market conditions. Older residents tend to move closer to their children or to warmer regions. This community is healthy and active.
Web Reference: http://laffey.com/jstone
THERE'S A LOT WRONG WITH THE COOP BOARD AND MANAGEMENT. THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNETHICAL!!! PLEASE READ:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/pol/4739068563.html
Flag Fri Oct 31, 2014