Sammy, Home Buyer in Powder Springs, GA

Why are the homes in Powder Springs to cheap?I have been searching for a home and Powder Springs have been suggested.

Asked by Sammy, Powder Springs, GA Sat Feb 6, 2010

I have been looking at several homes online in Powder Springs, and then I realized that the price is ridiculously low. I know that that is good for me. But apart from being in a recession, is there another reason why it's so cheap?

Answers

5
Sammy,

I lived in Powder Springs for about 3 years and flipped a few homes there. It's a nice area and it's bordering some rural property.

Contrary to Bob's comments access to interstates and the city of Atlanta can be challenging due to the limited road choices. 278 has been widened since I lived there so traffic may flow better, but it used to be heavy traffic just to access I-20.

Access to Marietta is easy as well as Town Center Mall. Powder Springs has a great small town feel and that was my favorite thing about it. It can be a great place to live and you can get good pricing on homes there just research the school dist. you choose because this can have an impact on home prices and resale in that area.
Sammy,

Part of the equation is the cost of land. There is an abundance of land in Powder Springs, therefore the cost of homes built there is less than in heavily developed areas such as the I-75 and I-85 corridors. When a developer/builder searches for a location to build their homes they have a formula to determine the end cost of their product typically 1/4 to 1/3 of the final price of a home.
Sammy, as already mentioned price is a relative thing. However I think Powder Springs has always been a great value. It is convenient to the airport, Marietta, and a real easy drive to downtown Atlanta taking 278 to I-20. There is also a great commuter bus service to get to downtown Atlanta for $5 per day round trip!

Powder Springs still has sort of a small town feel but the convenience of living near a major city. Of all the cities in Cobb County it is the furthest from an interstate highway. I think that is the biggest factor to lower prices.

I have lived in Powder Springs for 14 years and in Cobb County for 30. I'll be glad to help you with any of your questions. See all the available homes in Powder Springs at http://www.PowderSpringsHomes.info
Times are tough on the seller's side. Homes are selling at 50 cents on the dollar and up.

Be cautious in your decision making and be sure to include all the real costs to get the home in tip top shape. A deal is only as good as the final cost you put into the home.

A good agent will have the resources to help you evaluate the total cost and how to best finance the work. Let me know if you need any assistance.

Mark Lackey
Atlanta Housing Source at
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Associate Broker
EcoBroker
404-886-8789
Everything's relative, Sammy, including the price of tea in China. Powder Springs, in Cobb County, was Incorporated in 1838 and has a population of around 12,500 and is about 6.25 square miles in size. FMLS shows 522 homes for sale in Powder Springs ranging from $2.3 million to $29,200. Below is a link you may want to peruse.

One other link you may visit as well (for any town or city) is:
http://www.city-data.com

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499