Home Buying in Foley>Question Details

mkern427, Home Buyer in Foley, AL

Why are the homes in Ashford park so inexpensive ? Is the area not very desirable ?

Asked by mkern427, Foley, AL Wed Aug 14, 2013

Answers

2
I agree with the reasons outlined by Bill, but I also think location is a factor.

It is in a nice area, especially if you want to be near town but not too close. That results in lot prices being a little less than what you might find closer into town.

This area is nice because it is also convenient to the schools. Head north to Hwy. 98 and east one street to be at the elementary school. Or turn east much sooner to go a few streets over to get to the high school and intermediate school, all without having to deal with traffic on Hwy. 59.

Are you working with a Realtor to assist you in your home search? If not, give me a call so we can get started. There's no reason to go it along and a ton of reasons it's in your best interest not to. I'd be honored to be your advocate throughout the home buying process.
Ashford Park is a very desirable subdivision. Like many other large subdivisions, there were quite a few foreclosures and short sales, which drove prices down. Our overall market is rising, while some
areas within our market are slow to rise. I think this is the case with Ashford Park. Currently, there are nine properties available, none of which are foreclosures or short sales. Prices range from $131,300 to $219,900, with square footage ranging from 1528 to 3017.
Let me know if I can further assist.
Bill Funk
Gulf Winds Realty & Dev.
Owner/Broker
bfgulfwinds@gmail.com