Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Joeblough, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

Why are some real estate agents too lazy to take more than one picture and only of the outside?

Asked by Joeblough, Las Vegas, NV Fri Aug 1, 2014

Why are some real estate agents too lazy to take more than one picture and only of the outside? Am I going to live on the outside?

Answers

15
They are mostly "no show" "double ended" short sales. It is doing a disservice to entities that are forgiving debt. If they do catch on they will probably make them go back and do it all over again!
I am not convinced it's a matter of laziness, because most of the agents I know are hard-working, dedicated folks. But I do agree with you that in our digital age, good photographs are absolutely essential. Whenever I need a little inspiration for a blog post, I go visit "terrible real estate photographs" -- which always gives me an idea of what to write about next. Perhaps they select photos of the outside because the inside decor might not be attractive...
Unfortunately it's a disservice to the seller and potential buyers. The majority of real estate agents, however, do take quality pictures or higher a professional photographer to market their listings.

Often it's due to uncooperative tenants living in the property; a short sale, probate sale, or REO property in bad shape; or a seller that has not cleaned and decluttered the property in time for pictures.

Christian Gallego
Coastal Premier Properties
Realtor and Marine Corps Veteran
christiangallegosd@gmail.com
Many Realtors hire professional photographers to take nice pictures of the interior of a home. The home will be listed with just a picture of the outside and the others are uploaded when they are received.

Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/Exclusive Buyer Broker
http://www.HelpUBuyAmerica.com
I'm not sure why an agent would do this unless this inside of the home is a mess. I do deal with REO properties and some of those until we get the clean out done I don't post a lot of interior pics, but once that is done I make sure to get them online as soon as possible. I don't know why you are asking this, do you have your home listed and there are no pics, if so, call your agent and ask them. If you are looking at a property online to purchase, call the real estate agent you are working with and ask them to find out why.
Hi Joeblough: This is a good question. In today's internet connected world where buyers spend a lot of time online determining which homes to see, there simply ought to be more than one photo with a listing. I once was a professional photographer so I do my own pictures. Not long ago, when shooting a student rental. I had to move a huge number of of kitchen appliances and utensils, make sure I marked where each came from, take the photo, then put everything back. To a lesser extent, I had to go through similar gyrations in other rooms. (College students are not known for being tidy!) But I sold a house that had been on the market with other agents every summer for several years. It sold very close to the seller's asking price. Photos are enormously important in getting buyers to the house. And that is half the battle of selling. So, yes! There should be more than one photo.

Ron
In the Triangle area of North Carolina a minimum of 3 photos are required or we are fined $100. Good quality pictures makes the difference between a home selling or not.
Every agent has their own theory on what would be to the best interest in getting a property sold. Some internet sites only allow one photo. The MLS usually allows a lot more.
This question is asked quite frequently, and in all honesty, there are many reasons for only 1 picture of the property. First and foremost, many localities do not require more than an outside photo of the subject property. Of course, more visibility and pictures give you more visual information.

Some Real Estate teams are so large that this duty of taking photo's, is relegated to assistants or others in the chain. Not all Agents fall into this category, but it is A Fact!

Some properties are in transition from previous ownership and the process of changing the locks, and providing the Keys to the Realtor hasn't taken place, so there is A lag without access to the interior at that moment.

The Owner of the property might not want Personal Items shown on the Internet, for obvious reasons.

The property could be Occupied by A Tenant or someone that is not in the best of health and is not cooperating with the process.

Property could be trashed and would not show positively. This situation was very prevalent during the peak of Foreclosure!

And in some cases, A lack of initiative from the Agent.

As you can see, it is not always just THE AGENT. I hope this give you further insight to one of the most frequently asked questions in Our Industry. Good Luck!

Alvin King GRI, BA, Multi Million Producer

Elite Realty

7942 W Sahara Ave

Las Vegas NV 89117

702-339-7358

lvkingteam@yahoo.com

http://www.lasvegaskingteam.com

http://alvin095614.las.fusionmls.com
It happens for a few reasons...1) the agent may be lazy, 2) the interior needs a good amount of work and the pictures won't look good, 3) The home may be too cluttered, and 4) the agent doesn't want to give away too much online (bad idea)

Chris
Because they only want real buyers knowledgeable of the area and ready to make a decision.
That clearly is not you.
The plan WORKED!

When the REAL and serious buyer does contact the listing agent, there will be IMPORTANT information shared. That information may be "The house represents NO tangible value."

Such strategies ELIMINATE dispensing information to those who are not going to buy this real estate, those not knowledgeable of the area, and those without the determination to overcome a very minor bump in the road.

By the way, this could be a reduced service listing and all the owner was willing to pay for was one image. When you read all professional fees are negotiable, it is TRUE. Sometimes folks save too much money.

Or, perhaps the professional images will be posted in a few days.
Or, perhaps the website you are using is faulty. (I've read consumer report difficulty viewing images on Trulia)

But, folks who don't understand the environment or unwilling to invest any mental energy always blame the real estate agent! Even other agents blame the agent.

So Joe, are you a serious buyer? If so, ring up a Las Vegas REALTOR and get the information you think you need.
Nathan Kessler, Mortgage Broker or Lender, Las Vegas, NV

I can put you in touch with an agent that would be more than happy to produce a 3D version of the property if you wish! Have you been pre qualified for a mortgage yet? If not you can call, or click the link below for your free City First Mortgage pre approval. I look forward to hearing from you.

P.S.....love the name.

Check me out at the link below and get your free approval today!
http://www.city1stlasvegas.com/EmployeeDetail.aspx?EmployeeI…

Thank you for choosing City First Mortgage Services,

Nathan T. Kessler | Sr. Mortgage Loan Originator

City First Mortgage Services
8871 W Flamingo Rd Suite 202
Las Vegas, NV 89147
(C) 702.683.3126 | (F) 702.974.0848 | (O) 702-522-6743
nathan.kessler@city1st.com http://www.city1stlasvegas.com
Company NMLS # 3117 | Branch NMLS # 819501
Individual NMLS # 377217 NV #46175
It bothers me too, but some people just take a photo of the outside because there are tenants that do not want photos of their belongings. Another reason could be because the interior is trashed and the agent doesn't want to show the condition or they might not get any interested buyers. Some agents just do a drive by and take an outside photo or use an old photo until they can get access to the property to take photos. Some are bank foreclosures and the agent doesn't have the key yet. I guess there could be lots of reasons. Most of my buyers will just skip right over it if there are no photos. And I have been asked by buyers to go take photos myself and send to them, which I have done.
Because they're not actual professionals.

With more than 90% of all buyer starting their search on the internet, photos have never been more important. Find a new broker to represent you if you're selling your home and enjoy the benefits of true professionalism.

I can assure you that this will translate into many other areas of the transaction as well.

Good luck & have a great day!