Doug Massey, Home Buyer in 28787

Why are so many of the units at Starview Heights in Weaverville, NC, going unsold or lingering in foreclosure?

Asked by Doug Massey, 28787 Sat Jan 9, 2010

Is it just because of the pending concrete facility on Murphy Hill Road, or are there other reasons an out-of-towner might not be aware of? Did the builder go bankrupt?

Answers

5
Hi Doug, the builder did go bankrupt. There are now units available that are very well priced. I thought they were greatly overpriced when first on the market. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Thanks, Kathy Chieco 828-776-5846 or kathyc@c21mountainlifestyles.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 11, 2010
2013 is an exciting year for Starview Heights. There is now only one unsold distressed property
remaining and it is reportedly under contract. Four owners (myself included) of units in Starview Heights own the remaining lots which means better local control over the Association fees and operations. The will be a new home construction soon and lots are available for purchase. Fantastic views and great amenities.
The homes are in a slow moving price range. The fact is when you move into certain price ranges, things slow down. There are only 4 homes in StarView Heights for sale.
FYI: One of the units just sold back in November 2009 and another just recently went under contract. This subdivision was foreclosed and the new owner (i.e. bank) is putting in considerable investments (e.g. repaving road..) to sell all remaining units. Cindy Ward, Weaverville Realty 828-658-0700
Hi Doug - if you are still curious about activity, click on the save search button once you are on this Starview Heights Page and you will get automatic notifications when there is any activity such as sales or price drops or new listings.