Home Buying in Pittsfield>Question Details

Homebuyer, Home Buyer in Pittsfield, Ann Arbor,...

Why are so many condos listed in Pittsfield Village? Is this a safe area?

Asked by Homebuyer, Pittsfield, Ann Arbor, MI Mon Jun 8, 2009

Answers

6
Yes, Pittsfield Village is as safe as all of Ann Arbor (way better than the campus area, for sure). Last time I spoke w/a relator, I was told that the % of units for sale reflects that of Ann Arbor, but appears to be more because of our density. Were we 6 individual homes/acre, or whatever density is typical of various neighborhoods or subdivisions, the number of units for sale wouldn't seem that great. I've lived here for 20+ years & think it's a great place to live.
Pittsfield Village just became condos, we are no longer a co-op. In terms of numbers for sale, the overall housing crisis is reflected here, as everywhere; we are, however, talking about 422 units, so the number of units for sale is not outrageous given that total figure. Our units are now appraised much higher than as co-ops, and good deals abound because of that fact.
Jane McGehee
a PV owner
Being the buyer's agent in the crowd I'll also mention one of the negatives of the Village:

Parking.

Almost everybody parks on the street so the roads get fairly crowded in the evenings when people are home.

Make sure and visit the area at different times of the day and at different days of the week to get a complete picture. (Winter with snow is especially messy!)

And if you would like to speak to someone who will be loyal to your needs as a buyer feel free to contact us. As an exclusive buyers agency we will never ask you to accept designated agency or dual agency.
Unless you live here and experience it first hand how can you comment on it? The landscape crews do an excellent job of keeping the streets cleaned off, often working all night to do it. The streets in PV are far better the day after a snow than AA in general. Units here are selling at high prices and are a hot commodity. You can walk to Hillers, Whole Foods, Elevation Burger, Old Navy, and many other stores, The bus stops are just down the street. This is an outstanding place to live.
Flag Sun Jun 15, 2014
Actually Pittsfield Village is a co-op and so they stay on the market a little longer.

Great location, never heard a bad word about it.

Very affordable but they don't appreciate much even in a good market. Some are more fixed up than others with new kitchens, baths. Some owners have refinished the hardwood floors.

The maintenance of the grounds is great, very well maintained.
Nice answer Bekah,
Hello "Homebuyer",
Actually the inventory is a bit low there today, I see only 8 for sale and 6. In the past I have seen as many as 24 on the market at once. I have not sold one since last year, but I like them. Have you been in one yet. Do you know their history? There is a huge population of dwellings in Pittsfield Village so at times it may look like a lot of inventory but there are hundreds of them. They are very nice places to live and over my life I have had family and numerous friends live there, in fact some friends still live there and love it. care to hear more you can call me here at my desk 734/66-4544, I would love to tell you some history and warm 'n fuzzy stories.
Good luck find in good answers here on Trulia.
Respectfully,
Todd Lands
WHEN YOU THINK OF REAL ESTATE YOU SHOULD ALWAYS THINK OF LANDS!
I don't know anything about Pittsfield Village or your area, but I do want to answer your question about inventory.

Sometimes with condos or large subdivisions that were built at the same time do this and its perfectly normal. Studies show that people sell their homes every 5-7 years. That means that if they all bought around the same time, most are going to move out in around 5-7 years. This coupled with a struggling economy screams that its a perfect time to buy because competition causes the prices to plummet!

In other words, just because there are many homes for sale doesn't always mean something wrong. It may be screaming opportunity!

Again, I don't know anything about the area, so don't rely on my advice!