Union1, Home Seller in 08005

Why are realtor not attending other realtors open houses ? You would think they would attend their

Asked by Union1, 08005 Sun Aug 30, 2009

co-workers open house.

Answers

11
Tom Bohlmann’s answer
Many Broker Open houses are on Tuesdays or Thursdays, not on the weekends too.

Over the weekends, if I am not working with a client I spend time with my family or my hobbies.

- Advertising for Open houses is KEY to get ppl or other brokers to your listing.

Just putting 8 signs out on street corners and in your MLS might not get enough people to show up.

be proactive:

- Price it CORRECTLY

- Print out 100 or more COLOR flyers about your open house. On Wednesday before your Open house walk around that neighborhood between 6 and 8 at night to hand out the flyers to neighbors. Neighbors sell there neighborhood to their friends.

- Print an Open House flyer on PostIets a week prior to the open house. This will go out too all the IDX feeds.

- Craigs List. on Tuesday adverting your open house over the weekend. and on Saturday Morning take your Craigs list posting DOWN, make a new one and put it up. ( Do not renew, but remove and put up a NEW listing )

Your Postlets flyer will have HTML code for posting on Craigs List, Back Page and Oodle.

- have your lender do a lender flyer with loan amounts and payments for your home / Open House.

-Drawings for a $50 gas card at your Open House. Great way to get names, phone numbers and email address of ppl coming thought. ( called LEADS )

- Have bottled water and light snakes at your Open House for your guests.

This is what I have done and do with great success.

best of luck to you.

Tom
That's interesting... Other agents come to my open houses all the time. Usually with clients, but sometimes alone too. I guess it's just up to chance sometimes.
Hi Union1 - you've touched upon an important element of success in selling your home - and that is exposure to agents. As prior posters have commented a Broker's Open is a good way to open your door to agents on a day and time that agents set aside for previewing properties. This in addition to the traditional office caravan which is used to introduce your home to agents in the listing office. Generally, these two activities occur in the first week - but if you have not done either or both, schedule them now with you agent. Another great tool for promoting your home and/or drawing agents to it, is a blast email to agents email address. I use a service called Quantum to help me with this - there are many services out there that agents use - ask your agent about this idea as well.

Finally, as prior posters have already captured - presenting your home in the best possible light online - inlcuding the MLS whose member site is the place agents will go, and the other online media - like Realtor.com, Trulia and so on - is key. The quality and quantity of photos matters greatly.

Good luck toyou!
Jeannie Feenick
"Unwavering Commitment to Service"
Search the MLS at http://www.feenick.com
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Most realtors are holding open houses on Sundays on their own listings. As stated previously, most realtors will hold a "brokers" open during the week to capture the Realtor audience. Also, keep in mind that with today's economic conditions the number of realtors available to "preview" homes has decreased substantally and many or relying upon the MLS for property info.
All realtors can preview the properties in the MLS, we have to do our own open houses, also we have caravans and brokers open. Be sure that your realtor have a lot of pictures downloaded for your property, it will sell fast that way. If we have a buyer we will show your house ASAP.

Good Luck!!!!!
Most real estate offices have a Broker's Open and serve a lite lunch before they have a Public Open House.

Joyce Begg
Weidel.com/Joyce.Begg
one of the best open house strategies is to offer neighbood event as to where all homes are open for that date. Agents can share in advertising expense and chance for good turnout improves

Do not schedule on a football day
In my office the majority of the agents reserve Sundays between noon and 4 to hold open houses at our listings, which means we are unable to visit others open houses. We do, however, hold and attend brokers opens, usually during the week when there is not a lot of demand from buyers to see houses, so we have an opportunity to see houses, much like buyers do on Sundays. Basically the same thing, just on a different day.

I also make it a habit to set aside a few hours a week to preview houses that recently came on the market in my area so I'm familiar with what is for sale. I find it helps me identify properties quickly for my buyers, and helps me price my new listings correctly against the competition.
You are right. You would THINK they would attend. I try to attend as many as I can. After 40 years as a broker I have learned a lot by looking at what others do. When I find what works I use it.
I use good quality paper for brochures I also reproduce DVD's so buyers and seller's take home something more. I have my laptop and usually a mortgage rep to qualify buyers on the spot. I picked up these 'tips' by looking at opens.
Some agents don't feel opens help. I feel they do.
The last home I help open was sold and I had a buyer from it. One of the first opens I held had a YARD SALE in the same block. Someone walked into mine and asked the price of the living set. I sold him the house. This is a true story. ALL sides to the contract got signed by both parties around midnight the same day.
marc jwilliams e-Pro, GRI CRB SRES
732-778-9933
Dear Union1,

Agents have their own open houses and so cannot visit public open houses. Therefore, we attend Broker Open Houses and preview homes ourselves during the week. Knowing the inventory is a very important part of our job!

Best wishes,
Tara

Tara Hofmeister-Sheng
Weichert, Realtors
Rt. 46 @ Cherry Hill Road
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
Office: 973.334.9400 x146
Mobile: 862.242.0688
Tsheng@weichert.com
http://www.TaraDreamHomes.com
Many Realtors attend Brokers Open Houses, Caravans or preview homes on their own.