Over the weekends, if I am not working with a client I spend time with my family or my hobbies.
- Advertising for Open houses is KEY to get ppl or other brokers to your listing.
Just putting 8 signs out on street corners and in your MLS might not get enough people to show up.
- Price it CORRECTLY
- Print out 100 or more COLOR flyers about your open house. On Wednesday before your Open house walk around that neighborhood between 6 and 8 at night to hand out the flyers to neighbors. Neighbors sell there neighborhood to their friends.
- Print an Open House flyer on PostIets a week prior to the open house. This will go out too all the IDX feeds.
- Craigs List. on Tuesday adverting your open house over the weekend. and on Saturday Morning take your Craigs list posting DOWN, make a new one and put it up. ( Do not renew, but remove and put up a NEW listing )
Your Postlets flyer will have HTML code for posting on Craigs List, Back Page and Oodle.
- have your lender do a lender flyer with loan amounts and payments for your home / Open House.
-Drawings for a $50 gas card at your Open House. Great way to get names, phone numbers and email address of ppl coming thought. ( called LEADS )
- Have bottled water and light snakes at your Open House for your guests.
This is what I have done and do with great success.
best of luck to you.
Finally, as prior posters have already captured - presenting your home in the best possible light online - inlcuding the MLS whose member site is the place agents will go, and the other online media - like Realtor.com, Trulia and so on - is key. The quality and quantity of photos matters greatly.
Good luck toyou!
"Unwavering Commitment to Service"
Search the MLS at http://www.feenick.com
I also make it a habit to set aside a few hours a week to preview houses that recently came on the market in my area so I'm familiar with what is for sale. I find it helps me identify properties quickly for my buyers, and helps me price my new listings correctly against the competition.
I use good quality paper for brochures I also reproduce DVD's so buyers and seller's take home something more. I have my laptop and usually a mortgage rep to qualify buyers on the spot. I picked up these 'tips' by looking at opens.
Some agents don't feel opens help. I feel they do.
The last home I help open was sold and I had a buyer from it. One of the first opens I held had a YARD SALE in the same block. Someone walked into mine and asked the price of the living set. I sold him the house. This is a true story. ALL sides to the contract got signed by both parties around midnight the same day.
marc jwilliams e-Pro, GRI CRB SRES
Agents have their own open houses and so cannot visit public open houses. Therefore, we attend Broker Open Houses and preview homes ourselves during the week. Knowing the inventory is a very important part of our job!
Rt. 46 @ Cherry Hill Road
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
Office: 973.334.9400 x146