Byronb888, Home Buyer in Rockaway, NJ

Why are cc & pilot costs or "monthlies" not shown in the listings? Wouldn't it be easier for a prospective buyer to compute affordability?

Asked by Byronb888, Rockaway, NJ Fri May 11, 2012

Mitchell Hall’s answer
Hi Byron,

Trulia, Zillow,, etc etc. are national websites. NYC is unique in the real estate Universe. National websites are not set up for Manhattan or NYC since they primarily cater to suburban home buyers. They get listings through syndication or crawling other websites.

I agree with you. Savvy Manhattan buyers don't search on national websites they go to the top local sites, and

All real estate is LOCAL! There might be a lot of data out there these days but only an experienced local broker can interpret it for you. Each neighborhood, buil;ding, price point and room count has it's own nuances.

For example "PILOT" is specific to Battery Park City. It means payment in lieu of taxes because Battery Park City is on land leased from a state agency (Battery Park Authority)

Feel free to contact me, I'm happy to provide you with expertise and seasoned insight.

Mitchell Hall, Associate Broker
The Corcoran Group
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 11, 2012
Mitchell Hall, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY
Consider working with an agent who can provide any necessary information; keep in mind that various sources feed into the site, and the visible information depends on that feeding source. If puchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 11, 2012
If I know the monthly cc I add it plain and simple. Yes it is always better to present as much information in the listing as possible.

Please work with an experienced and licensed real estate broker. That is the best way to find a place in Manhattan. Be wary of brokers that work with only one company. Remember they are doing a job to sell out their unit. Work with a buyer's broker that can show you many places.

Thank you!

Demsker Realty
"Your Experts in NYC Luxury Apartments & Lofts"
304 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10010
Cell: (631) 741-2764
Join my social network:
Company Website:
Facebook Profiles: Dom Pascual; Manhattan Broker

** All information contained herein does not constitute any warranties, offer or commitment or obligation of any sort and/or kind whatsoever and is subject to change, error, omission and/or withdrawal without prior notice. **
You now have the opportunity to search approximately 20,000 exclusive listings, representing the entire database of residential listings available through the membership of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY).

These are the most accurate listings you can find in NY because they come from the brokers themselves; there is no bait and switch, no duplicates, and no opens; and are updated every hour.

Read: How to Buy an Apartment in Manhattan and Get the Best Interest Rate…

Here you will find all the monthly costs associated with the listings. I still highly suggest that you work with a professional who can help guide you. This is only the tip of the iceberg as to what you need to compute waht you can afford. It is FREE to work with an agent to represent you and help you navigate the complex waters of Manhattan real estate.

If you may have any questions about any of the information that is presented to you; or wish to preview a property; or find out more information about the buying or renting process, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at your convenience.

Jennifer Chiongbian
SVP/ Associate Broker
Rutenberg Realty NYC
Trulia makes their own decisions how to list properties. Our companies, from which they get the listings they post, and our websites, and our agent database, (the Real Estate Board of NY) do routinely give the full and complete monthly cost information.
I would strongly suggest you work with a skilled, experienced agent. We have access to much more valuable information than you will find on a consumer website, and know how to streamline your search, negotiate on your behalf and take you through each step of the buying process.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
212 381-4268 for all NYC listings