Omar, Home Buyer in 10013

Why are apartments in New Jersey being listed in NY listings???? especially 10013 area?????

Asked by Omar, 10013 Wed Oct 1, 2008

Please remove these items as it makes it difficult to navigate your site!

Answers

3
I had to share this as well. Well I was writing the below response, I received an e-mail with a "Trulia lead for a buyer looking in my area." The purchaser is looking in Mississippi. I'm based in NYC. Trulia really needs to get it's act together.
I have similar problems regularly with Trulia. I work in Manhattan (my office is actually in 10013) and I get "leads" from Trulia with people who say they're looking in upstate NY, the Bronx, etc. Literally one hour ago I had a gentlemen from out of the country e-mail me to say he saw "Manhattan" listings of 4-6 bedroom single family homes "downtown" for $500k. For anyone that knows Manhattan, that obviously that doesn't make any sense, but it seems to happen regularly with Trulia. I do believe he saw the listings on the site but that they were miscategorized by Trulia (e.g. the Zip Code or map was wrong). I've even had buyers contact me because my contact information was listed on another broker's exclusive listing on this site, which is totally outrageous and evidence of a major programming error. StreetEasy is far more reliable for Manhattan. Of course, a broker has access to databases that should eliminate almost all of these types of errors.
Good question! First of all, where are you seeing these listings? If the listing site is fed by the regional listing services (ie: Trulia, Streeteasy, etc) then you shouldn't be seeing New Jersey listings. If you are looking on craigslist, there is little to no regulation to ensure that the info is correct, and many times IT ISN'T! Even on the more trusted sites, there are always mistakes. This is downside self-maintained Real Estate websites. The best thing to do: call them out! I agree, it's very annoying.