Home Buying in La Quinta>Question Details

Dplatt, Home Buyer in La Quinta, CA

Why am I having a problem getting a agent to work with me long distance?

Asked by Dplatt, La Quinta, CA Fri May 11, 2012

Due to my travel, I need to communicate by Email - the agent so far reply 'Call Me' 'Stop by our office" I explain to details to them and never here from them again - whats up?

Answers

15
Emai me and I will take good care of you. Some Realtors have their email set up on auto reply, Not Good!

Warmly,

Bryan Dearden
The firs thing to do is to get pre-approved for a loan with a direct lender. This shows you are viable and really interested. You are not obligated to go with that lender, but it will help in negotiations having that letter.

Next, if you do not know the area well check out places like Yelp for ratings on agents. Also check out red fin and zip realty who will have just a couple of agents to choose (and where you get a rebate if you buy from them).

Go through the listings yourself, find 3 or 4 you want to see and then give the agent a week's notice so they can find a few other that just pop up and then go and see them. You will find most agents will love email in between visits. if the agent can't fit you in with a week's notice get another one.

It took me 6 trips to find where I wanted to buy and what type of homes are out there at what price. I ended up bidding on a house sight unseen and it was perfect.
Dplatt,

So, did you find a Realtor to work with? Just curious because we haven't heard back. We often answer questions or give advice and never hear back so please give us update! Thanks!
People that are wanting to buy in the Palm Springs area are mostly from out of the area. Unfortunately there are just a few Realtor's that do not communicate well. If there is anything I can help you with please let me know.

Warmly,

Bryan Dearden
The agent might have mistook you for a scammer. We do get a lot of that so we have to be careful. Some sort of personal communication by phone or Skype to confirm that you are for real would not be unreasonable.

I'd be happy to work with you long distance. If you are still looking for an agent, please visit my website to drop me an email or give me a call.

Camille Victour
ProNet Properties
La Quinta, CA
760-636-6989
http://www.YourDesertRealtor.INFO
From a lending stand point, we actually prefer communication by email. It is faster and we can get your loan done much quicker. If you need a lender, feel free to email me or shoot me a message.

Mike Smith, MBA, MPM
Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer
Provident Bank Mortgage
NMLS#883642
916-813-4003 Cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
I happen to love working electronically. Perhaps you just haven't found the right agent. I've conducted transactions with clients that I never once met face to face. It's the sign of the times with technology the way it is. You can sign contracts electronically from your computer or smart phone from wherever you are. Plus, it allows me to continue working late at night, at a social gathering or even while watching TV with the family. Keep searching, you'll find the right agent. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way.

Ray Wright
Realtor/Certified Preforeclosure Specialist
Direct: 951-354-1303
Email: RayWright@kwrealty.com
If you are willing to electronically sign a buyers representation agreement, stating, among other things, that I am the agent you are working with, I am willing to work with you exclusively via email. Feel free to shoot me an email with what you are looking for. I will send you a list of homes that look like a good fit and the agreement. If I get the signed agreement back, I will always reply to your emails and send you some as well.
Web Reference: http://www.desert-mls.com
My name is Linda Salas and my e-mail is LindaJoy@WindermereSoCal.com. My cell is 760-625-5129. I'm familiar with La Quinta area and would like to help. I can send you listing using your parameters directly from the Desert Multiple Listing. I would need to talk before as I would need to be prepared since offers are being made and accepted very quickly in this market. Thanks Linda
At some point you will need to communicate with the agent. They probably want to qualify you and get more information then they are getting in an email from you.

Please understand, that agents often times are approached by people who are scammers so an initial telephone conversation usually can rule that out.

Have an amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
I have sucessfully closed transactions for clients that lived as far away as India and Monaco. Maybe the agent is computer challenged?
You may be having a problem because alot of people contact by email, and agents never hear from them again, lol! Seriously though, where are you looking to buy, as far as city/state? I can help you to locate a Prudential Realtor wherever you are looking to move...
Christine :0)
Hello:

Most desert agents are used to working with people by keeping in touch through emails. That includes finding out what you are looking for in a home, discussing pricing, how you intend to pay for the home, helping you get pre-approved by a local loan consultant if necessary and sending you property flyers to preview that meet your criteria.

This works very well until you are available to travel to the desert to preview properties in person.

We do hope that you appreciate the time we have spent with you online and that you are committed to using our services as your real estate professional in finding you a home and bringing an escrow to a satisfactory closing once you make your choice.

Carolyn Voet
Committed to Excellence
Windermere Real Estate
73-993 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260
License #01505751
760/774-6510 (cell)
http://www.CarolynVoet.com
MailTo:CVoet@Windermere.com
If you are buying in La Quinta is best to work with an agent who works primarily in La Quinta. Most of my clients are out of the area and we do a large portion of the home search and transaction via email. Our office has many agents that cover all areas of the valley-- and we would be happy to assist you in your home search!
Give me a call and let's get started! Kathy
Most people don't feel comfortable over the internet as there is no personal relationship that has been built and therefore the buyer, such as yourself, can get listings and come to town on a day when the agent is busy. So let's say I'm busy so you walk into someone else's office and say show me these properties. Wow, I've just wasted a lot of time and energy and another agent is going to get the paycheck for all of my work.

However, I have no issues working with those out of the area, and in fact have been referred a few people from out of state. As long as the communication is open and I am aware when you will be coming in to look at properties I can make the time to take care of your home needs while you are in town.

I actually have a national network of trusted agents I work with. If you need a referral for someone you can trust give me a call. And, obviously, if you are in my area, give me a call!