Home Buying in Ottsville>Question Details

Benny, Both Buyer and Seller in Jersey City, NJ

Why No Mosques In These Sub-Urban Areas of PA?

Asked by Benny, Jersey City, NJ Thu Sep 8, 2011

I have looked at the houses in directions north of Philadephia and south of the city of Easton and am dissapointed at the lack of mosques in these areas. One must wonder if it is the will of the peoples living there? I would not want to move my family in an areas like this where there is no tolearnce for Islam. Is there many areas other places where the local governments and the people are more accepting of Islam?

Answers

4
There is no way to answer this question or comment. We wish you good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 8, 2011
I am a middle Bucks County resident. While there may be a lack of mosques, there is also very few synagogues in the area as well. Rather than suspecting something sinister amongst the will of the people, or local government, I would instead assume there are not a significant enough number of residents practicing Judaism or Islam.

The area in which I live, and the people whom live here are very tolerant. We care not to have our character harshly judged by potential neighbors based solely on the number of mosques that have been built.
The constraints that Realtors are under preclude commenting on questions such as these:

Anything we say can and will be misconstrued.

Good luck in your search and may God bless you
You can wonder what you want, Benny, but typically, the lack may indicate insufficient will, rather than willful repression.

I suggest reaching out to the nearest mosques and asking members what their opinion is.