macebm, Home Seller in New York, NY

Who would be a good resource in Tempe, az that would be able to tell me what my home would appraise for?

Asked by macebm, New York, NY Wed Jun 26, 2013

Answers

4
Mac,
I live and work in Tempe and will be happy to answer questions for you. You are welcome to call me.

Steffy Hristova, MBA, SFR, Realtor®
HomeSmart
Tel: (480) 966-9353
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Dear Mac:

A Realtor can give you a good value. Call me if you are interested.

If you want a licensed appraiser your Realtor may offer to give you some. However, they will be ordering an appraisal if you re-finance.

An Realtor opinion may be a good bet and cost you less money.

Call if you need help.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
An experienced Realtor will be able to come close to the value an appraiser will also come to. Remember its unlikely that two appraisers would agree so you are looking for a range.

What is the purpose of the appraisal? I ask because depending on what you are doing with the value can effect the valuation.

The good news, values are up , the market is strong and should increase even more. Rentals are strong also!

Would be glad to help you out, one of the few brokers that works directly with clients.
Hello Macebm. You have a couple of viable options...

(1) Hire an appraiser to give you a written appraisal of the home. This will cost you anywhere from $300 to $500 depending on the size of the home and the scope of the appraisal. This is the preferred method in determining current market value IF you're willing to spend the money.

>This is an excellent appraiser that I've recommended to clients for over four years:

Robert Oglesby
Appraisal Tek
Robert@AppraisalTek.com
http://www.AppraisalTek.com
PH: 602.751.1471
Office: 480.288.5162

(2) Ask a Realtor who works in the area to perform a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) on your home. There is typically NO charge to do this and you'll find that it's quite accurate IF the agent is experienced and knows the local market in your neighborhood. This is usually a good first option and if you're not happy with the value, you can then always call an appraiser.

Now is an EXCELLENT time to sell with the low housing inventory throughout Tempe and the Valley. It's a very good 'Sellers' market and if the home is priced correctly, multiple offers and a quick sale should take place.

If you have any questions or would like an analysis of your home, feel free to call or email me at any time. I work in Tempe and have represented both buyers and sellers there for over five years.

Thanks!

Jim Mitchell
Realty ONE Group
Jim@TheAZRealtor.com
PH: 480.231.6769