Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Trulia Houst…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

Who should negotiate with your lender; your agent or yourself?

Asked by Trulia Houston, Houston, TX Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

4
Trulia,

I recommend great lenders that will work with my clients and those lenders that will explain the process completely. I "coach" my clients on how to work with lenders and I keep an eye on the process to make sure all is going smoothly and that they are not being taken advantage of.

At the end of the day, the client must work with the lender and pick the lender that will provide them the best terms and ability to get a mortgage. It is NOT all about the interest rate, but other factors like closing cost, criteria to get approval, etc. Every lender is different.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
My extent of lender involvement is to refer buyers to those I know well. Once they've connected, it's hands off. I trust the lenders to take good care of my buyers ... it pays off with additional referrals. I've been working with several for years, and have received virtually no negative feedback.
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
You should negotiate with your lender. Setting up and agreeing to terms is something that should be settled between yourself and your lender. It's your realtor's job to make sure that the entire process goes smoothly with your lender. I do agree that if a client is not getting the best service I would certainly tell them to walk away from that lender.
In my opinion either, however the buyer is the actual client and has the power here I think. The lender should work hard to impress and educate the buyer and retain their business. In past experience, I have had no issue telling my client to walk away from a lender if they were not getting the best service and being informed!