Home Buying in Watsonville>Question Details

Li, Renter in 93940

Who should I contact for foreclosure house? I really don't want to pay RealtyTrac for basic info.

Asked by Li, 93940 Thu May 23, 2013

Answers

6
What exactly are you trying to figure out?
If you want info on a specific home the county tax assessor's office has terminals you can use to get basic loan and home info. The county recorders office has terminals you can use to get notice of defaults and trustee sale filings which will give you the trustee sale number and typically a trustee hotline you can call to get nearly latest info on the foreclosure status.

If you want to search for homes that are in trouble but not foreclosed yet Zillow can probably help. Once they are bank owned and available to purchase they are usually on the MLS and called "REOs". If you need a website search engine that can show you all the REOs my website has that. http://uhl.com/homes-for-sale-toppicks/Foreclosures/37334/

That way you don't need to run one of these other fine agents ragged... though some may like that ;-)

-Bryan
You should work with a good local Agent who knows what is happening in the area. Often we know about homes that will become foreclosures before they hit the market.
Are you looking for foreclosures, or Pre-foreclosures, ie, distressed properties where owners are late in their payments and/or "underwater" on their mortgage? Actual foreclosures you can buy on the MLS these days are scarce and your best be may be finding a Pre-foreclosure property, as you would find on RealtyTrac or Foreclosure Radar. I can send you Pre-foreclosure/distressed property info if you like, my # is 831-704-6873
Are you wanting to buy a home at the foreclosure sale? I can probably assist you with some basic details about the foreclosure process. Feel free to contact me at 831-475-5695 x102
Li,

As far as having the most up to date listing information for ACTIVE listings team with a local Realtor® who can set you up with an automated search for what you can afford.

Here's a quick diagram explaining the process of actually getting to the status of an actual foreclosure:
http://www.foreclosureradar.com/foreclosure-guides/foreclosu…

Here's a quick "risk scale" for property purchasing (from highest-to-lowest risk):

1) Trustee Sale,
2) Auction Company Sale,
3) REO (reduced disclosure requirements),
4) Short Sale (primarily risk is approval timeline), and
5) Non-Distressed Sale.

-Steve