Home Buying in Bardstown>Question Details

Pink, Home Buyer in Bardstown, KY

Who should I contact first a mortgage broker, bank or real estate agent?

Asked by Pink, Bardstown, KY Sun Apr 15, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


You will want to contact a Mortgage Broker first for a Pre-Qual. You can give a Pre-Qual to an agent so they know you are serious about purchasing a home.

Call me at JPMortgage in Bardstown and I will get you pre-qualified the same day.

502-415-6911 Office
270-234-3621 Cell

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 16, 2014
Give me a call tomorrow to discuss. I do alot of loans in Nelson County.

502 905 3708
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
It is well worth contacting a mortgage broker and getting pre qualified.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
Buyers who seem to have the best experience are the those that contact a trusted realtor first. (Ask friends, family, co-workers, etc for a trusted reference. ) That person will put you in touch with the best local experts in the business, including mortgage professionals. (Realtors deal with mortgage professionals on a daily basis and know who has the best programs, best turn times and best reputation for taking care of the client's needs.) Ask for three good references for a mortgage person.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
Hi, A mortgage broker is basically the best of both worlds, they will shop for the best rate for you. If you go directly to a bank you only get what they offer. It is very important to do this first so you have a clear understanding of what the banks will actually lend you. Then you can meet with an agent and see what your options are for purchasing.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
Pink even if you are trying to buy in my opinion you should contact a Realtor® first. I have had buyers that have been told that there are no first time buyers programs in our are when in certain areas there is a 10% grant up to 10,000.00 available. I have had buyer told that there is no program to be able to let them purchase a home and wrap the cost of repairs into their purchase money mortgage (203k loan). I have had buyers told that there are no 100% financing programs (VA and USDA). Sometimes after the initial buyer consultation I can send a buyer to ao a lender that is open and knowledgeable about certain products.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
What are you trying to do? If you're looking to buy a house, then you should contact a loan officer at a bank to get pre-approved first. If you're looking for a loan modification, you should contact your bank first. If you're looking to sell, you should contact a real estate broker first.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer