debsueherman, Real Estate Pro in Las Vegas, NV

Who pays for inspections and related expenses?

Asked by debsueherman, Las Vegas, NV Sat May 26, 2012

Answers

12
Always the buyers unless the sellers are really, really dumb.

However, once an inspection shows a fault, a contractor estimate can help you negotiate the sellers into paying part or all of a major repair.

http://www.LasVegasRealEstateConnection.com

James Bellile
iProperties International
702-222-0815
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
In today's market in Las Vegas I would recommend you (the buyer) pay for your own inspection and your own appraisal in order to make your offer cleaner and stronger. Most homes you write up right now will have multiple offers on them. Most of which will be willing to pay for these items out of the buyer's pocket. If you are asking the seller to pay for these items you most likely will not be the seller's first choice. My 2 cents.

If you fill out the link below with your buying criteria I can better assist you with buying a home.

Hope this helps.

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
LVrealestateHELP Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
My answer is a little different. My response is, "it depends." Specifically, it depends on the terms and conditions of the purchase agreement. And, while I would agree that the overwhelming majority of real estate transactions are written to indicate the buyer pays for inspections; it truly depends on what the purchase agreement says. There are check boxes in the Standard GLVAR Residential Purchase Agreement that require an indication on who pays for inspections (buyer or seller), because it is a “negotiable,” item.

I could speculate and imagine a scenario where it might make sense for the seller to pay for inspections, but the bottom line is that it is depending on the motivation of the buyer and seller. If the seller is “extremely” motivated to get their property sold, and if the pool of buyers are small and if it seems like a reasonable compromise from the seller’s unique perspective to pay for inspections; then, guess what? The seller might be motivated to agree to pay for inspections. As one of my colleges has pointed out, we are not talking about that much money. In the big picture it might make sense from the seller’s point of view to cover that relatively small expense in order to facilitate the “who knows how many 100’s of thousands of dollars” of real estate sale of their home.

So, FINAL ANSWER; it depends on the situation and what terms the buyers and sellers have agreed to.

Robert K. Peddicord
REALTOR®
Real Estate Consultant
Prudential Americana Group, REALTORS®
Direct: (702) 218-3974
E-Fax: (702) 317-3371
Email : robertp1@americanagrp.com
Web : http://www.peddicordconsulting.com

871 Coronado Center Dr.
Suite 100
Henderson, NV 89052
Buyer pays for inspections for good reason. You don't have to have one but you have to sign a waiver releasing agent from liability. It's a good practice to have one. I have had a few deals where buyer/invetor didn't have one. The key here is that not all inspectors are the same...just like auto mechanics, lawyars, dentists, painters, etc...Get a good agent who has good inspectors, relationships developed over the last 17 to 20 years like my wife and I.

Matthew D’Ercole
One Source Realty and Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves".
Know the Constitution & Bill of Rights.
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Usually the buyer will pay for inspections. There are exceptions, but no need to get into all the "ifs". Find yourself a good agent and they'll walk you through each step of the process.

James, I liked your answer because it was funny, but there are times when a savvy seller will get and pay for an inspection as a preemptive measure. I've done it myself and it worked to my advantage in a big way...but enough said...I can't give away all my secrets & strategies!
The buyer typically always pay, as it is a form of protection for the buyer not the seller. This allows you to be 100% sure on the condition (underneath the paint). Inspection range from $250-$500 usually. If their is a significant issue, you are sometimes able to negotiate remedy from the seller, lower purchase or walk away from the deal

I recommend ALWAYS getting an inspection, it can save you thousands of dollars. For more information on the buying process including the importance of an inspection, check out my website at: http://www.mylasvegasrealestateaccess.com/Whyaninspection.

Feel free to contact me directly with any other questions you may have.

Rakeisha, Realtor
Depending on the type of deal....( some financiers and sellers have mandates) ...Most aspects of the contract are negotiable,....However....in most cases.........The Buyer typically pays for the inspection up front.

Hank Lauzon III

Exit Las Vegas Realty Center
6600 W. Charleston #119
Las Vegas, Nv 89146

Cell 702-449-0899
Office 702-949-2409
Fax 702-543-6844

Web : http://www.HanksLVRealestate.com
Email HankLVRealestate@aol.com

Never look down on anybody...unless you're helping them up.
All of my colleagues are correct. On a side note, I have seen some homes where the seller did a pre-inspection and fixed major items with proof for a prospective buyer. But, we all know 2 inspectors can both find 2 different sets of problems or report them differently - and there is something great about having an inspector that is working for you and not for the seller in how he reports the issues. Good luck!
The buyer pays for the inspection.

Lorena Petersen, Realtor at Realty One Group
The buyer pays although you can ask a seller to reimburse at closing
Usually the buyer pays for inspections.

Steve Mikrut
Strategic Realty
702.630.6239 cell/text

Typically in Las Vegas the buyer will pay for inspection related expenses.