Home Buying in Indianapolis>Question Details

Tanyascurious, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

Who owns my house at 724 N. Dequincy Indianapolis IN 46210

Asked by Tanyascurious, Indianapolis, IN Sun Dec 11, 2011

My uncle says he might own the house but he cant remember. We want to buy it but he doesn't remeber much information about it... What can I do to get the public records on the house?

Help the community by answering this question:


Cameron Adams owns 724 N Dequincy according to the Marion County tax records. Contact me at (317) 529-4178 or peter.knight@remax.net to discuss purchase. Pete
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Two family homes in Indianapoils are listed by one of the house numbers in tax records. For example an address like 722-274 Dequincy might be listed on the tax records as a two family home at 722 Dequincy. Searching under 724 might give you no result. There is mapping software where you can enter an address to determine whether you are looking at the right home. It is at http://maps.indy.gov/MapIndy/index.html

I would think your uncle would know whether or not if he owns a property. If you need any additional help contact me at dan AT indyrealtystore.com

Dan Rosenberger
Harvest Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Dear Home Owner on Dequincy. I lived on the east side of Indinapolis at 744 N. Emerson. Just a few streets west of Dequincy. I believe the house that you are talking about is a double or a duplex. If I am correct and you want more information please contact me. I can give you the information that you need to completethe purchase of the home.
Donna Massey-Trinkle
Associate Broker/Agent
F.C. Tucker Company
or my email
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Visit the muncipality of where your uncle's home is located and visit the tax assessors office and the record of deeds to see whose name is recorded on the deed. Upon obtaining this information, you may also want to order titlework to make sure there are no clouds, issues or liens with the chain of title upon pursuing this home. ie. unpaid taxes, assessments. City can provide unpaid taxes etc. A title company, especially who issued title to your uncle or whomever bought, can be beneficial to purchase and convey title through the same one if still in existence. Easier for all involved. From there you can use a realtor or an attorney or diy and get the purchase agreement going. Be prepared to pay some incremental small fees for searches etc. In michigan you have to pay to access these documents. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Dear Curious Tanya,

Is this like "Who is buried in Tom's Grave" and the answer is "Tom" ? Who owns your house...you do?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011

No such address shows up in the Indianapolis, Indiana tax records. Did you perhaps mean 742 N. Dequincy?

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group, LLC
317 413.8501
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer